Does anyone else....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Rounder, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Rounder

Rounder Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Fenton, MO
    hunt with friends or family who do not help with putting up stands, putting in food plots, checking game cameras, scouting, etc.? They simply start hunting in November and end up killing the biggest buck in your hunting group. I'm happy for everyone that kills a deer, but would rather see the guys who put in the time and effort get rewarded. Just my :02:

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :rof2: :wave:

I shouldn't comment any more that my above smilies.

Thank goodness my family hunts and fishes as hard as I do. Family is first, that is for sure. :2thumbsup:

Parker

3. Z-BOYS DAD

Z-BOYS DAD New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    wooldridge mo
  4. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    :wave:

The last couple years things have changed where I hunt and the others are wondering why it is me killing the deer and not them. I just tell them sometimes you got to put some work into it and not just show up opening morning and climb into your deer stand that has been there for years

5. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    Don't worry Nick, Tom or Brian will kill the big one Saturday morning!:wave:

6. Rounder

Rounder Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Fenton, MO
    [rquote=1892143&tid=131793&author=Marine95]Don't worry Nick, Tom or Brian will kill the big one Saturday morning!:wave:[/rquote]

I'm not worried. I'd be the first one to congratulate them. I just wished they realized and appreciated the amount of time and money that my dad and I spend on making our property better, or at least helped out occasationally!

7. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    [rquote=1892140&tid=131793&author=Z-BOYS DAD]every year[/rquote]

x2

8. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1892134&tid=131793&author=Rounder]hunt with friends or family who do not help with putting up stands, putting in food plots, checking game cameras, scouting, etc.? They simply start hunting in November and end up killing the biggest buck in your hunting group. I'm happy for everyone that kills a deer, but would rather see the guys who put in the time and effort get rewarded. Just my :02:[/rquote]

UNLESS you put some SWEAT EQUITY in the upkeep of my farm, you don't hunt my land. Its been that rule since day one. A farm, even though its not a full time residence, still requires a lot of upkeep, epically when it come to deer hunting preparation.

I make it known to all my siblings, and friends who like to hunt. Unless you help, you don't hunt.

9. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    :soapbox: is all I gotta say!!! Hey fellow property hunts!!:wave:

10. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    :whistle:

I stand there with a beer in my hand as Wingsfan is hanging em...does that count as helping?

11. big daddy D

big daddy D New Member

Oct 16, 2008
    florissant mo.
    I think time and money is the big thing for me. those stands,food plots mineral licks,camo wrap and all the good food we eat take up time and money but one of my faults is i like to make people happy and want them to have a good hunt.

12. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1892319&tid=131793&author=bowhuntKS]:whistle:

I stand there with a beer in my hand as Wingsfan is hanging em...does that count as helping?[/rquote]

someone has to supervise...dont they:D

13. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I started out doing all the scouting, stand building, hanging, etc. Got some help on occasion from my Dad and wife's stepdad. Never thought twice about it. I looked at it as some payback for all the times Dad took me and all the things he showed me about hunting and fishing. MY Son and Nephew are always first in line to help out now with whatever is needed. They have learned well and are a great help. Whether it is hunting or fishing I get far more enjoyment putting someone else on the deer or the fish. Lord knows I have kilt my share.:cheers:

14. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  15. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1892178&tid=131793&author=conradtactical][rquote=1892134&tid=131793&author=Rounder]hunt with friends or family who do not help with putting up stands, putting in food plots, checking game cameras, scouting, etc.? They simply start hunting in November and end up killing the biggest buck in your hunting group. I'm happy for everyone that kills a deer, but would rather see the guys who put in the time and effort get rewarded. Just my :02:[/rquote]

UNLESS you put some SWEAT EQUITY in the upkeep of my farm, you don't hunt my land. Its been that rule since day one. A farm, even though its not a full time residence, still requires a lot of upkeep, epically when it come to deer hunting preparation.

I make it known to all my siblings, and friends who like to hunt. Unless you help, you don't hunt.

[/rquote]

Pretty much the rules at pinwheel ranch. :2thumbsup:

16. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1892319&tid=131793&author=bowhuntKS]:whistle:

I stand there with a beer in my hand as Wingsfan is hanging em...does that count as helping?[/rquote]
    :thinking: :shrug:
    I will agree that stand is heavy.:whistle:

17. JFitz

JFitz New Member

I hunt with my oldest son. He and I set up the stands together and do some scouting. He has done most of the scouting though. He lives on the land and bow hunts it too. He hunts from both our stands, so he has knowledge about all the movement on the property. He has been a big help since I was injured in 2007. I'm just now getting to where I can hold my own in the woods. It definitely pays to teach your children how to hunt, fish, etc. I owe him for putting up with me because I know doesn't have too. I love my kids!

18. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    You know it is funny to see this type of thread I am so often the rewarded when it comes to hunting someones property. I have 2 friends one a lady friend and the a male friend of a friend, both of whom has allowed me to hunt their place as neither of them does any prep short of telling me I can do whatever I want to the property short of damage, I do it all. Having said that most of the time I don't get a deer and when I do they get a thank you package of Venison and I also am there to plow snow of the ladies driveway when it get bad, cut, split and stack wood for their wood stoves and, help with property maintenance. These are people I hope to be my life long friends so I take care of the friendships best I can.

19. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    nope, no problems here. own property with two buddies who are more than willing to work and reap the rewards. now as far as ducks go, yeah i know of some moochers but let's be honest, there is enough to go around and well, they make me laugh at their stupid stuff so it is more than worth it. you can't make the stuff up that them idiots pull.

20. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    [rquote=1892134&tid=131793&author=Rounder]hunt with friends or family who do not help with putting up stands, putting in food plots, checking game cameras, scouting, etc.? They simply start hunting in November and end up killing the biggest buck in your hunting group. I'm happy for everyone that kills a deer, but would rather see the guys who put in the time and effort get rewarded. Just my :02:[/rquote]

HUMMMMMMMM one thing I learned long time ago is there is no justice in hunting , people kill what they kill. Now with that said I do get aggravated with people ( guys on neighbor's property ) that show up two days before season , line my fence with stands ( 10 yds off line ) facing my property , then go round talking about how silly it is to plant food plots and try to manage deer . Guess it kinda why people on welfare don't worry about tax increases