Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Does a ground blind help with scent control

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Big L 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any one has ever noticed if they helped contain your scent.I know they have been marketed with TSC or something like that,just curious if they can help or is it just marketing.

#2 ·
i blind hunt alot, and i keep the window shut from the direction the wind is blowing i think it really helps alot

#3 ·
[rquote=1518492&tid=105883&author=marshallgrn] i blind hunt alot, and i keep the window shut from the direction the wind is blowing i think it really helps alot[/rquote]

Do ya shoot thru the windows as well

#5 ·
i shoot thru the windows yes, but i dont shoot thru the mesh, i open my front window fully

#7 ·
A recent issue of American hunter had a shoot thru mesh test. It was pretty interesting. rifle and shotgun groups actually were better when shooting thru the mesh!
Broadheads were a little worse when shot thru the mesh but the only thing they recommended NOT shooting thru was expandibles. They said they didnt open every time after going thru the mesh.

#11 ·
I bought a Cabela's Bone Collector ground blind this year and really like it. Opening weekend I hunted out of it and had two does walk within 10 yards down wind and they never smelled me. Later that day, a button buck laid down feet from my blind and stayed there for 30 minutes.

I think they help cut down on scent drift.

#12 ·
I had 3 different bucks put their faces into the openings of the blind this yr alone!!! They never smelled and /or saw me, I was blacked out. They do not like a blind that is not brushed in though. I guess if you left it out for a while they can become used to it.

#13 ·
[rquote=1519350&tid=105883&author=rangerdvr]I had 3 different bucks put their faces into the openings of the blind this yr alone!!! They never smelled and /or saw me, I was blacked out. They do not like a blind that is not brushed in though. I guess if you left it out for a while they can become used to it. [/rquote]

I agree, you need to add some brush to break-up the shell look. Here are a few pics when I was brushing my Bone Collector.

[file]85920[/file]

[file]85922[/file]

#16 ·
I have hunted out of a blind off and on for the last three years and I honestly believe they do help with scent control.

Also I have shot through the mesh and killed deer and have shot through the mesh once and missed a big buck, twice!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.