Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

doe down so i thought !

1K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  rangerdvr 
#1 ·
well i see what i think is a doe and shoot , after i walk up to it ,i see its a buck that has already lost its horns ! (and i do have a picture on my phone if someone wants me to text them the picture i dont know how to post pics ) so i was wondering how does the consevation know how many bucks were taken without horns ? because when i telechecked it i said doe because it wasnt an antlered deer ?

#4 ·
The rules say....If you shoot a mature buck that has either shed or broken off his rack check it in as a buck but when they ask for how many points say zero. They ask if you got a doe, button buck or a buck. You should have said buck and when asked how many points say zero.

#7 ·
[rquote=1517022&tid=105775&author=travis_croc]well i see what i think is a doe and shoot , after i walk up to it ,i see its a buck that has already lost its horns ! (and i do have a picture on my phone if someone wants me to text them the picture i dont know how to post pics ) so i was wondering how does the consevation know how many bucks were taken without horns ? because when i telechecked it i said doe because it wasnt an antlered deer ?[/rquote]

Send it to my e-mail and I will post it for you

gh@missouriwhitetails .com

#9 ·
[rquote=1517067&tid=105775&author=travis_croc]its on my phone i know how to text it only[/rquote]

Cant help ya then-Maybe somebody else can.

The tags say antlered and non antlered deer-You shot a non antlered-I dont think I would worry about it.

:cheers:

[Edited on 12-20-2009 by Ghost Hunter]

#11 ·
Copied from the Regulations:

If checking a deer, you will need:

* Your Telecheck ID number
* Deer type:
doe
button buck
antlered buck
+ ______ total number of points 1 inch or longer (see how to count points on pages 4 and 5 of the PDF version of this document.)
Note: If you harvest a buck that has shed its antlers or broken the antlers off less then 3 inches from their base, record the harvest on Telecheck as an antlered buck with 0 points.
* County where deer was taken: _____________________

#14 ·
That is why no deer hunting should be allowed after the bucks start droppin. Too hard to tell.:claphands::claphands::claphands:

#18 ·
[rquote=1517119&tid=105775&author=travis_croc]was a 3 and half year old buck[/rquote]
Did you check his teeth Trav???:cheers:

#20 ·
id have never guessed 3 1/2 by looking at the short nose to eye distance, looks young, just my opinion, no biggie, just i look at the pic and it screams young deer to me, congrats either way on the deer:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.