Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys use for calling preators and what you . I myself use both , but I much rather use mouth calls because it is me doing the calling not a tape or etc... I think they both have there spot . If you use mouth calls what calls do you all like , same for the electronic callers. I have a couple of mouth calls I use alot , the Dan Tompson Austion howler , the Primos double whammy, the Hot Dog ,the Tallehoe, and cat nip . For an electronic I would love to have a FoxPro , but I have a older tape caller.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I've got mouth calls and I use 'em. Usually though if it's winter I've got some kind of cough/cold because I run myself too hard and don't rest enough, so I get real short-winded and blowing a rabbit squawler for a 30 minute stand flat wears me out, even if I only call for 1 minute every 5 minutes.

The electronic ones are nice to have, for sure. I've got a home-brew caller and it works great.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I use both and consider that both have their roles. Calling alone in thick cover the e-caller is great for laying the trap on old Wiley. My absolute favorite handcall is the Sceery AP-6. My e-call is a FoxPro FX3.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
likem both egually,not much on the howlers though ,real productive at night,but i ain't much of a night hunter anymore.it gots to the point i won't even go out till after the main gun seasons for deer are over and the yotes have ate up all the dead laying around,but thats just me:roll2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I use both also.Each has it's own strong and weak points.Learn to use both to your best advantage,and you'll have more fur.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
if i use a squeeler might as well use a mouth call, but i cant replicate a dying chicken or kid goat distress. thats whats the E callers are good for. cryin fawn. kid goat distress. dyin turkey. etc.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but I prefer mouth calls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts