Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The A&H 694 American Classic MUZZLELOADER.

Photos tend to make Black Ice look almost silver when it is actually a very dark grayish color. The rifle wears a 22" Kreiger (they make a lot of Weatherby barrels) barrel, built to shoot conicals in the style of White rifles The action bolt has a 209 retainer on the face and feeds the primer into a very tight fitting breech plug to minimize blowback. The complete Black Ice coating should allow cleanup to be much less tedious than it would be otherwise. This rifle is the brain-child of Ray Crow at Austin & Halleck.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Now that's a pretty sweet M/L there!!
:cheers::cheers:

How does it shoot??

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
Misnamed, though, it's more like the 1892 Winchester than the 1894 Winchester (694), including the twin lockups at the rear of the action, the 94 has one piece all the way across the back of the bolt, the 92 has two, coming from the sides, like the '86. You can obviously see them in the first photo. I hate it when they do that!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are pics taken at the Shot Show. Variety I suppose Mark Twain, lots of folks love lever actions. Ray Crow is one of them and this is something he had wanted to build for some time. For those that hunt with lever action centerfires, the feel of the rifle should be nearly the same. A&H will also develop a barrel mounted scope mount intended for the "scout" rifle type of scope.

Certainly more of a point than someone posting a thread entitled "I Shot a Muzzleloader". :roll2:

gleanasher1, you are absolutely correct but the name stuck even after the action had to be changed from the originally planned 94. The bolt section is designed to be easily removed from the rifle for cleaning.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I personally want one of these for Kansas MLer season. A nice light 6.5lbs and a 22" barrel will make it real handy for hauling all over the countryside. It will also be available in walnut or maple stock. Ray put a lot of thought and effort into this rifle and I hope it finds its own niche amongst muzzleloaders. For those of you that have not had the opportunity to shoot a fast twist conical shooting MLer you are missing out.

Jack

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Underclocked
ah still think Ray oughta send me one to disect. :rotfl:
Ya know he hasn't told ya NO yet..:D He'll probably send one ta Bob.:roll2: Oh tell him you'll fix his Puter fer free.:dancin:

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.