Do you like lever actions?

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by Underclocked, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    The A&H 694 American Classic MUZZLELOADER.

[​IMG]

Photos tend to make Black Ice look almost silver when it is actually a very dark grayish color. The rifle wears a 22" Kreiger (they make a lot of Weatherby barrels) barrel, built to shoot conicals in the style of White rifles The action bolt has a 209 retainer on the face and feeds the primer into a very tight fitting breech plug to minimize blowback. The complete Black Ice coating should allow cleanup to be much less tedious than it would be otherwise. This rifle is the brain-child of Ray Crow at Austin & Halleck.

[​IMG]

2. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I wouldn't mind test-driving it... :D

3. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Now that's a pretty sweet M/L there!!
    :cheers::cheers:

How does it shoot??

4. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Misnamed, though, it's more like the 1892 Winchester than the 1894 Winchester (694), including the twin lockups at the rear of the action, the 94 has one piece all the way across the back of the bolt, the 92 has two, coming from the sides, like the '86. You can obviously see them in the first photo. I hate it when they do that!

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Very sweet lookin uc :cheers:

6. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    Interesting looking rifle, but I have to ask - what's the point?
    :neuspeuter:

7. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Those are pics taken at the Shot Show. Variety I suppose Mark Twain, lots of folks love lever actions. Ray Crow is one of them and this is something he had wanted to build for some time. For those that hunt with lever action centerfires, the feel of the rifle should be nearly the same. A&H will also develop a barrel mounted scope mount intended for the "scout" rifle type of scope.

Certainly more of a point than someone posting a thread entitled "I Shot a Muzzleloader". :roll2:

gleanasher1, you are absolutely correct but the name stuck even after the action had to be changed from the originally planned 94. The bolt section is designed to be easily removed from the rifle for cleaning.

8. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    No doubt. :cheers: :wave:

9. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I personally want one of these for Kansas MLer season. A nice light 6.5lbs and a 22" barrel will make it real handy for hauling all over the countryside. It will also be available in walnut or maple stock. Ray put a lot of thought and effort into this rifle and I hope it finds its own niche amongst muzzleloaders. For those of you that have not had the opportunity to shoot a fast twist conical shooting MLer you are missing out.

Jack

10. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    ah still think Ray oughta send me one to disect. :rotfl:

11. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Ya know he hasn't told ya NO yet..:D He'll probably send one ta Bob.:roll2: Oh tell him you'll fix his Puter fer free.:dancin:

Jack