Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys write your names on your tree stands that are out for extended periods. I started doing this years ago & know it has stopped at least one theft ,it was taken & amazingly reappeared 2 days later. I figured that when the boys got it home Dad saw the name & made them bring it back.
I use a dremel tool & permanent marker.

Just wondering ?

·
17,685 Posts
Haven't yet, cause I hunt my own land, But a good idea:rock:Never know now a days

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
The date I built them and my name is welded into the seat frame and on one of the feet on all my stands and inside one of the ladder legs is a plastic bag with the same info.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
You have to label them if you are gonna leave them on any goverment land. Also on any managed hunts. But i pack my climber in and out, every hunt. And the only permanent stands i use ive got on private land and not labeled.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Originally posted by Chad
You have to label them if you are gonna leave them on any goverment land. Also on any managed hunts. But i pack my climber in and out, every hunt. And the only permanent stands i use ive got on private land and not labeled.
thats my response word for word. you did it again, oh yeah, forgot to call you back mine bad

·
11,357 Posts
Originally posted by Lungbuster44
+2:rock:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I knew that, should of made myself more clear,I was talking about private land, one of the farms I hunt on the landowner requires your name to be on the stand & consider any stand not labeled as trespassing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Usually hunt private land so there not labeled but now you got me thinking it's a good idea to label them. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
i only hunt on private land and its 360acres and we had a 2 person stand in the middle of the land and the next day it was gone and that was opening morning man was my dad mad:mad2:
we found it 300yds further down the creek bed too
the landowner doesnt hunt so were not sure who did it
so now we always padlock them

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Good to maybe put you name on it even if it private land. All stands I have had stolen have been on private land. Maybe a name permanently adhered to the stand would keep someone from taking it since it would always be present for someone else to see.

·
Under appreciated
88,271 Posts
Originally posted by Rebel
Do you think a name on something will stop a theif?

I don't

Do you think windows rolled up will stop a theif from breaking in to steal a radio?

I don't...
Do you think putting your name is free, easy and way better than doing nothing at all??

I do. :D

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Originally posted by Rebel
Do you think a name on something will stop a theif?

I don't

Do you think windows rolled up will stop a theif from breaking in to steal a radio?

I don't...
Do you think putting your name is free, easy and way better than doing nothing at all??

I do. :D
Yes....

If were worried about someone stealing something..

I wouldnt leave it out so they could ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts