Do you buy ammo online?

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by mohunter32, Nov 10, 2010.

1. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    After a couple of u2u conversations with MWT members, I am interested in trying some 150 gr 7mm-08 ammo. I checked Cheaper Than Dirt. They don't have any. I'm just looking for suggestions on other places to buy ammo online.

2. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Midway USA or Mid South Shooters Supply. I've bought from both places.

I see you are looking for 150gr 7mm-08. Might be hard to get? Seems about 140gr or smaller is all that's out there. Unless you want to buy some high $$$$ norma ammo.

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    http://www.classicarms.us/

I HAVE ORDERED FROM THESE GUYS A FEW TIMES. BUT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

4. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
  5. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Thanks for the replys.

6. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Mar 1, 2005
    St. Peters, MO
    http://www.thehuntingshack.com/catalog/retail/Retail.pdf

I've placed a couple orders with HSM before for 38/357 ammo. The ladies were always pleasant to talk too and they checked their current inventory for me though the website said it was out of stock. Their pistol ammo was dirty but that probably has more to do with the powder than anything.

I know they say the wait for ammo can be long if it's not in stock but you'd have to call and talk to them. They also answer their emails pretty fast compared to other people who will never respond at all.

The 162r btsp Hornady interlock looks good for $22
    The 140gr winchester powerpoints show a vel of 2800fps and these 162's show 2620 --- that's not bad at all.

http://www.reedsammo.com/
    You might also try Reeds Custom Ammo. I talked to him a bit (though never ordered) and they were very helpfull even answering email on the weekend. They can pretty much make any thing you want and are not limited to what's on their website. They might have some 150gr corelock, powerpoints, or economical hornady bullets laying around and might be able to load those for a decent price.

7. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    A1 Ammo
    Ammo to go
    J&G sales
    Graf and sons
    Aim Surplus

8. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    graff and sons in mexico always have about every cal too

i have bought some one line but typically the shipping is what kills you unless you buy a pretty large ammont

9. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    I live in Columbia so I buy sometimes off of Midway USA and then go and pick it up. NO SHIPPING!!!

10. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    i just bought some 7-08 from midway last week and had it in 2 days.
    16.99 a box for the Prvi Partizan 140 gr. bought them to try out in my stryker
    and for my kid to use at the range in his A-Bolt

11. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    I've never heard of most of these places.

Thanks everyone.

12. wolfgang

wolfgang Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    [rquote=1890763&tid=131699&author=Heeler75]Midway USA or Mid South Shooters Supply. I've bought from both places.

I see you are looking for 150gr 7mm-08. Might be hard to get? Seems about 140gr or smaller is all that's out there. Unless you want to buy some high $$$$ norma ammo. [/rquote]

Federal makes a 150 gr 7mm-08 load, the rounds are listed on Midway USA also.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I buy all my shells from MidwayUSA. Actually got to speak with Mr. Potterfield one day. A very nice guy to visit with. :eek::

14. mohunter32

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Checked Midway. Those Federals are the power shock bullets. Reduce recoil. Not really what I'm looking for, but might buy a box just to see how well they shoot. Going to check out some of the other ones listed now.

15. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    [rquote=1892596&tid=131699&author=mohunter32]Checked Midway. Those Federals are the power shock bullets. Reduce recoil. Not really what I'm looking for, but might buy a box just to see how well they shoot. Going to check out some of the other ones listed now.[/rquote]

Good small town business. They got everything.:superman:

16. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    [rquote=1892596&tid=131699&author=mohunter32]Checked Midway. Those Federals are the power shock bullets. Reduce recoil. Not really what I'm looking for, [/rquote]

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=179810

those are not reduced recoil loads. not at 2650 fps for a 150 gr boollet.
    or are you wanting reduced recoil loads? i tried Remington but they are really reduced, almost too much in my book.