Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Do we have a big buck contest for Members?

2K views 59 replies 40 participants last post by  robinc76 
#1 ·
I think that I have seen something like this around here.

It could be done real simple.

Gotta post a pic of yourself with the deer and the weapon, along with all of the hunt info.

We have three divisions, Archery (one vote before gun season and vote one after), Muzzloader, and Rifle.

At the end of the seasons we vote on the best buck.

Winner gets nothing except for the fact that he is "the man" (or woman-haha)

Another thing is you gotta throw your name in the hat before the season.

This would keep some guy who kills a booner on his first trip out from registering just to win the title of "the man".

Do you guys already do this???????

Just a thought.:confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
We could have one division for 17 and under and another for all us crusty old farts.:wink4:

#4 ·
What's the deal?????? 49 views and only 2 posts??????

Seems like nobody wants to step up to the plate here.

Come on guys......lets get something going here......Anyone want to chime in??????????????????????:)

#6 ·
Forget scoring.........If you get a good un' then post a pic and we vote at the end of the season......keep it simple....

Basically vote like this......of all these bucks pictured here, which one would you have liked wrap your tag around the most of all of em pictured here..:wave:

#7 ·
49 days from now we can start slingin arrows.........not all that much time.......I guess people will think a little harder come september.

Maybe I can get a veteran MWT member to come along side me in my campain.......then I can get some more support.:)

I guess I will bring it up agin in a month:frown:

#8 ·
We had a contest last season, but we all voted last year and the majority decided to not do a big buck contest. We did have a contest, but it was a points system. A point for each doe, and a point for each antler point on a buck. If I remember right, extra points were given for archery kills.

We also did it as teams rather than individually.

It worked out pretty well. I imagine we'll do something contest wise this year as well, not sure if it will be the same or not. It'll get to be a hot topic here soon I'm sure!

#9 ·
Arrow-1 sounds like your the man to get things going. Organize it, post it and we'll vote on it !

Like Hoyt said, last years worked real well. Lots of fun and not much of a way for anyones feelings to be hurt.

#10 ·
I don't think it would hurt to have two contests!

... just a chance for me to get even more distracted from my school work! haha

SO, this is the first time I've ever been called an old fart! 17 and under... I'm 18! :D

#11 ·
I am fine to organize the thing......I want to make sure that we get some input before things are officially up and running.

Basically all we need is once the seasons are going we have a trophy wall thread for each division.......just post a pic and you are in. We can place instructions on the top of the trophy wall that state that you must be entered prior to the start of the season to put your picture on "The Wall of Fame"............That thread should be used only for entry submission and nothing else IE no comments.....do that on another thread.

After the seasons are over we have a poll where we vote for the best buck for each category and the winner is then crowned "The Man for 2006"

Like I said earlier for the sake of simplicity there is no scoring just look at the pics and decide which buck would you like to have on your wall the most.

I think that due to the number of people involved it must be kept as simple as possible to run smoothly.

I also think that due to the fact that this is Missouri Whitetails.com that the deer must have been taken in the Show Me state......lets be loud and proud about the state that we live in......we are very fortunate to have over one million deer in our state with a good number of them running around with eye-popping head gear.:banana:

Also you must throw your name in the hat before the season starts to prevent people from entering after the fact when they come looking for a place to brag.

I think it would be most meaningfull if it were people who were here before the season.

Oh yeah and if I do help to organize the thing I must still be eligible to win!:D I have a bruiser that escaped my arrow by a hair last year that is still running aound my hunting grounds......if I see him again this year it is going to be :behead: for him!

#12 ·
Well, go ahead and drop my name in the hat! :wave:

#15 ·
Hunter7X.....Why would people get their feelings hurt over a big buck contest?????

I guess this has the potential to turn into a popularity contest...................What do you think?????

#18 ·
I'm not big on the whole contest thing, but I do like the idea of having all of the pictures of all of the deer taken in one post. Its nice to be able to view them throughout the season and have the post staying at the top.

Parker

#20 ·
I really liked the way the contest worked out w/ the teams last year and the point system....

It was sure alot of great fun to see everyones deer pics throughout the season....

As far as the whole state of MO only thing. I'm definitely proud of my state and its deer herd but I wouldn't want to alienate some of our great members from other states...(Starbux), (Chuck88) just to name a couple....

Just My .02

#22 ·
Originally posted by alwyshntn
I really liked the way the contest worked out w/ the teams last year and the point system....

It was sure alot of great fun to see everyones deer pics throughout the season....

As far as the whole state of MO only thing. I'm definitely proud of my state and its deer herd but I wouldn't want to alienate some of our great members from other states...(Starbux), (Chuck88) just to name a couple....

Just My .02
Yup, what Tim says, can't count out our good neighbors!!!!!

#23 ·
I'm in regardless of the format, but I personally liked the way it was done last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.