Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few white hots (10-12?) left from the box I bought a couple months ago. Just thinking about next year and not wanting to get stuck in a bad spot before next season with no pellets or a handful of bad pellets. Should I wait to buy some next fall? Or could I buy some extra now and vacuum seal it to keep moisture out?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I think as long as you keep them in a dry environment they’ll be fine. If you’re really concerned, load it up and shoot a couple loads. I had a box of pyrodex pellets for over 5 or more years and never had an issue with them. Kept them stored in a O-ring sealed ammo can.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I think as long as you keep them in a dry environment they'll be fine. If you're really concerned, load it up and shoot a couple loads. I had a box of pyrodex pellets for over 5 or more years and never had an issue with them. Kept them stored in a O-ring sealed ammo can.
I just keep mine in the box they came in in my possibles bag.
I've had the same box for at least 10 years and have had no problems with them going boom!
Keep them dry!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think as long as you keep them in a dry environment they'll be fine. If you're really concerned, load it up and shoot a couple loads. I had a box of pyrodex pellets for over 5 or more years and never had an issue with them. Kept them stored in a O-ring sealed ammo can.
Thanks! I keep everything in o ring boxes. Just what I needed to hear.

·
Registered
12,671 Posts
My current box of 777 pellets is probably 4-5 years old and they work fine. Just kept them in the gun cabinet where it's nice and dry. They should be fine.

·
Registered
For hunting its typically a single shot BP rifle or carbine. Fishing is my Mitchell 300 combo
3 Posts
I'm still using some Pyrodex pellets I've had for 15 years. Seem to work just fine. As long as you keep them in a cool, dry place, you should be OK.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I store my powder and pellets in a dry container and include a few of those silica packets that come with so many things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts