Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am able to borrow a atv disc plow from a friend to use on my plots this year. However at the moment I do not have a ATV! I am curious if I can pull it behind my Youkon and it will work just as good? Thanks

[file]81867[/file]

·
Registered
869 Posts
You may want to check into renting a UTV. I'm with Doubleshot, I think you'd probably pack down the ground with the SUV...

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I have always been in the same boat. I was out pulling discs and drags with my crew cab truck. Felt like an idiot but hate asking to borrow peoples stuff. It worked but took alot longer and the previous posts are correct. Did pack down the dirt and took longer because of all the wide turns and having to go back over stuff. This year I think i will just hook it to my bicycle!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Idea, i found it at the Warren Co soil district, you can rent it for $20 a day and they also have a plotmaster for $25 a day

·
Registered
272 Posts
The thing that you should do to help you the MOST is kill ALL the vegetation and get the chaff off the plot or dead long enough to be gone BEFORE trying to disc it.
NOTHING else you can do will help as much with an ATV disc, period.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
If you are borrowing one,,try to borrow one with a liquid cooled system. That hard pulling stuff can overheat an air cooled engine in pretty short order. Its kinda hard on em. (.02)

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to agree with Henry. I have a similar disk and pull it with a polaris ranger in 4 low. I have found the slower you pull, the deeper the disk bites. I also add around 200 pounds of tractor weights to it. If you are borrowing a four wheeler to pull it, make sure you give yourself LOTS of time, because it will overheat quickly or you will go faster and just bounce the disk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts