Disc, or No Disc? Heading to property?

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by SmokinBarrel, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. SmokinBarrel

    SmokinBarrel New Member

    791
    May 19, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I was thinking of heading to the property to disc and plant the food plot. Is the ground still soaked? I have good drainage on my food plot. I definitely know by tommorrow it'll be okay, but the forecast is looking like hit or miss. Thus far, the storms are moving in. I'll just North of Moberly, MO.
     
  2. Lefty

    Lefty New Member

    Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well, it doesn't hurt to plan on it and try...
     

  3. Mecheng

    Mecheng New Member

    Jul 15, 2003
    STL/Macon Co
    Ground is going to be soft. Suppose to be nice today and tomorrow. I'd come prepared to disk, seed and harrow since it will likely rain Sunday. It's gonna be kinda windy so if you disk it will increase surface area to help the ground dry out faster.

    Im' headed up for the weekend to do some more TSI this afternoon :wave: Prolly gonna help my neighbor establish a fire break with my disk too. Can't wait to help him burn it. It has a very high fuel load!:eek:
     
  4. SmokinBarrel

    SmokinBarrel New Member

    791
    May 19, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Okay, I'm heading out! Mech, I'm going to give the harrow a try. I'm being kind of lazy today....slept in a bit. Off I go.
     
  5. Goldtip

    Goldtip New Member

    250
    Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    I would guess today it would probably be a little to wet to disc. I know I'm probably 35-40 miles from ya and we got way to much mouisture to be trying to disc. SO I'm going to go look at my clover plots, and get some minerals in the ground today.