Disabled Hunters! North Missouri rifle deer hunting opportunity!

Discussion in 'Hunting With A Disability' started by Vector, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I just got this phone call from John Hahn with MDC, and was asked to post this here.

Here is a public hunting opportunity for three disabled hunters in North Missouri......Dekalb County, just south of Maysville, MO.

Contact John or Dennis at the Pony Express CA office: 816/675-2312.

Normal regulations and season dates apply. You will be hunting on Pony Express Conservation Area, so it is bucks only and the 4 point restriction applies.

To qualify, you need to have a disabled permit to hunt from your vehicle exemption through MDC.

One of the locations is set up for wheelchair access, and you will need someone else to hunt with you so they can drive your vehicle back out to the road while hunting.

The other two locations are set up for you to be able to hunt from your vehicle.

This is a public hunting area, but it is a great opportunity for folks to get out in the field!

If you have any interest in this, these spots are going to be filled on a first come, first serve basis, and you will have to talk to John or Dennis about how long you can secure one of the blinds for your hunting.

You will have a Special Use Permit issued to you to use these blinds, and to be able to drive off-road to get to them.

I sure hope someone can take them up on this opportunity! John called me with the confidence of being able to get someone set up to hunt these new locations! :trophy:

Parker

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
  3. lma

lma Active Member

:claphands::claphands::claphands: Sounds like a great opportunity for someone to take advantage of!

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I HAVE SENT THIS ON............LETS HOPE THOSE POSITIONS CAN BE FILLED!!!

5. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :wave:

Parker

6. Timmytaters

Timmytaters Moderator

Feb 14, 2007
    lincoln co. mo
    SURE WISH I HAD THE TIME WOULD LOVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FINE GESTURE BUT I AM ALL BOOKED UP FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS

7. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
  8. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

Hey Chairman let me know if You need a driver:wave:

9. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1886249&tid=131373&author=Timmytaters]SURE WISH I HAD THE TIME WOULD LOVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FINE GESTURE BUT I AM ALL BOOKED UP FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS[/rquote]

Same here...I have to wait until after a Dr's appt. on Wednesday, before I can figure out my schedule.

Besides, I've already got 3 hunts lined up.

Is there a set date (or dates) for this opportunity...or is it "to be determined"? :shrug:

I sure hope SOMEBODY can take advantage of this offer! :cheers:

10. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1886702&tid=131373&author=CLIFFHANGER]Hey Chairman let me know if You need a driver:wave:[/rquote]

You have a U2U, mister! :D

11. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1886919&tid=131373&author=Chairman]
    Is there a set date (or dates) for this opportunity...or is it "to be determined"? :shrug:

I sure hope SOMEBODY can take advantage of this offer! :cheers:[/rquote]

This is a rifle season opportunity! I don't know how many days in a row they would give a person on their permit, but it will be an opportunity for the entire 11 days!

Parker

12. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    ttt :claphands:

13. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
  14. shootemup56

shootemup56 New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    hi Parker Did those positions get filled last year and do you see it happening this year.Im a 100% disabled vet and would love a chance to hunt out that way.I dont use a wheel chair what is the criteria to get picked,i only found out about people helping the vets last year.i think its great. thank you guys,if you hear of anything could you let me know Thanks alot Wayne

15. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    No sir Wayne! I do not believe they did!

These are in no way the premier of all premier locations to go, but they ARE places set up to go!

I see you have another message in to pinwheel. Keep up with him and see what he can get going with you. Keep this option in mind though.

Thank you for the u2u! Keep in touch!

Parker

16. Timmytaters

Timmytaters Moderator

Feb 14, 2007
    lincoln co. mo
    HEY SHOOTEMUP I TOO AM A DISABLED HUNTER AND PARTAKE IN SEVERAL QUALITY HUNTS EVERY YEAR ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK AND :welcome: TO MWT

17. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Wayne, an FYI, Missouri's deer hunting regulations come out in the summer.....July to August.....can't quite remember the date. July 15? When they come out, that is when you can start applying for the managed hunts that are open. There are several disabled managed hunts in the state that take place outside of the regular deer seasons, with managed tags that don't count towards your regular season limit.

There are a lot of days for regular season hunts too, with Missouri having a rifle any deer season, a rifle does only season, and a muzzleloader any deer season.

Parker

18. shootemup56

shootemup56 New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Managed hunts

Hey Timmytaters Where did you find those hunts that you went on for the disabled,do you have any webpages or links so I can check. Thanks so much Wayne