dirt track racing

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by ross331, May 24, 2009.

1. ross331

ross331 Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    richmond
    who all enjoys going to the local dirt tracks? i know i really enjoy getting out and getting to smell the race fuel and the loud noise, along with consuming some adult refreshments:cheers:

2. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Yelp got one of the Best around here at Wheatland.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin will go long as he can drive.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Where do you go Ross? I used to go to the old st. charles speedway dealy and I miss it.

4. ross331

ross331 Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    richmond
    there are 4 dirt tracks within an hour drive and one asphalt track. i ussually go to winston or warensburg, but there is one in osborne and an asphalt and dirt track at i-70. and there is lakeside about an hour and a half away. clint bowyer raced at lakeside on dirt and I70 on the asphalt.

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh.. ok, dang, I'm on the other side of the state.

Good fun though for sure!

6. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Actually we took the Grandson out to Valley Speedway in Grain Valley last night. Had a great time and always brings back memories. Did some dirt trackin for about seven years myself. Some of the tracks I hit were, Warrensburg, Sedelia, Adrain, Savanna, California, Moberly, and Tri City Speedway in Granite City Ill. One weekend when I didn't run my own car I ran a guys Modified out at I-70.......oh I wish I had the money I spent back then. :eek:

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yer a man of many talents Mike. Guess I never knew that or remembered if you mentioned it. Cool!

8. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    As my wife says, It was our days in the fast lane :hysterical: We got into it pretty heavy for a few years, running on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays when we could. After awhile it just went to Saturday nights and would only run more if it was a Special event. Alot of time envolved.

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    My cousins used to race north of kirksville when I was young. Plenty of good memories.

10. Hoytaholic

Hoytaholic New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    We run 2 modifieds at Pevley every Sat nite..... :cheers:

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea.. .pevely is close. May have to make it down there one sat nite.

My next 3 weekends are shot unfortunately.

12. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Never been to a dirt track race, but I do enjoy going to a drag race now and then.

13. Dutch

Dutch Senior Member Team 19

Nov 28, 2003
    Huntsville.Mo
    Moberly has a good one...... started out dirt then went to asphalt then when business dropped off the dirt came back and been that way ever since. good track aint been in a while . need to get back out there again.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1273973&tid=89187&author=Hoytaholic]We run 2 modifieds at Pevley every Sat nite..... :cheers:[/rquote]

you probably know craig bessinger then. I helped him out a ton when he first started into racing. lots of bent frames and roll tubing back then

15. fieldmedic8404

fieldmedic8404 New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Charles
    we go to pevely a couple of times a yr.. great fun.. pevely is i talks to re open there 1/8 drag strip, a local asphalt co has offered to repave it for free if they use it..

16. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    [rquote=1273973&tid=89187&author=Hoytaholic]We run 2 modifieds at Pevley every Sat nite..... :cheers:[/rquote]
    i :pop:have a electrician buddie that races there his name is jon self. you know him ?:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

17. swigginator

swigginator New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    the \"ghetto\"
    how long have you boys been racing out there?? my grand father used to race out there every weekend as well..number 58 Pappy Gray...remember him??:cheers:

18. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Lakeside speedway:eek::Used to go to Capital Speedway In Holts Summitt and Callaway Raceways In Fulton:cheers:

19. swigginator

swigginator New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    the \"ghetto\"

what about you hoyt?? do you remember #58 Pappy Gray from pevely?? its been about 15 years since he's been there...around 1994. Dannys auto service sponsored them..

20. jaytee

jaytee New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Fair Grove
    [rquote=1273960&tid=89187&author=ross331]there are 4 dirt tracks within an hour drive and one asphalt track. i ussually go to winston or warensburg, but there is one in osborne and an asphalt and dirt track at i-70. and there is lakeside about an hour and a half away. clint bowyer raced at lakeside on dirt and I70 on the asphalt.[/rquote]

Unfortunately I-70 is now closed, both the dirt track and the asphalt track. We've been racing at Bolivar Speedway located about 30 miles north of Springfield on Friday nights. Its back to asphalt and I'm helping the quys with a modified.

[file]58395[/file]