Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stuck out on those dern birds, but we did okay with the morels.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is a whopper:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next year I will trade some guidance for a bag of those...god willing! I just don't have the experience or time to locate and hunt them properly.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
man i would trade too. no luck for me with the shrooms this year :frown:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
better eating than a turkey for sure:cheers:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Well you've done a lot better at finding Morels than anyone else here this year. And I believe those are harder to kill than turkeys.:cheers:

Jack

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't want to rub this in, but....that is only half of them...my buddy and I split the load.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Well, you're surely going to be eating good!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
mmmm we had a big mushroom fry at my house along with a pork loin over the camp fire.....

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I had about the same luck as you did Thayer.
I didn't have any luck with the birds. They just were not on the property. Yesterday I was out and decided to start looking for shrooms. I was walking a main trail when I saw a huge morel. Then all of a sudden I seen a bunch more. As I started picking them I hear a putt! Looked over my shoulder as I was on all fours and there about 20 yards away was a head. It went behind a tree and I did a froggy leap next to the tree where the gun was laying up against it. Grabbed the gun and spun around to a sitting position. The bird just kept coming, it got 10 yards away before just walking off. To bad it was a hen. Anyway I found 25 shrooms in a 10 foot round area. Man they were nice and big. Not the freshhest but they will fry just fine. Also found several that were in to bad of condition to eat.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They were found last weekend in Schuyler County...seems they are a least a week behind our spring green up here in St. Louis.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.