Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't resist and went out for my first shed hunting adventure today. I saw tons of sign, rubs everywhere, poo everywhere, trails, beds, scrapes along with about 50 whitetails, 5 of which were antlered bucks still packing both sides. There was a 130 inch 10 point with a 110 inch 8 point and 3 dinks all hanging out together.

The highlight of the trip was this friendly barred owl that I spooked off the ground about 20 yards in front of me. He flew up into a tree about 15 feet off the ground. I was able to stand directly beneith him and got tons of pics. Fortunately he didn't poo on me when I was looking up :D Here are my two favorite:

[file]91100[/file]

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1558475&tid=108420&author=SHEDHEAD]:kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics:

At least you know you were in the right spot...Just a bit early.

That walk was worth it just for them pics! AWESOME![/rquote]

I didn't realize how much I missed shed hunting until I was staring at the ground for 3 hours today. It sure did feel good to be back out looking for bone and seeing all the beauty of mother nature!

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1558490&tid=108420&author=Scott_288]i just might give this shed huntin a try here soon...................:D[/rquote]

Can't you wait until I find them all first? :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
[rquote=1558508&tid=108420&author=HabitatMD]Great pic!

By the way, I found my first shed today. Oh yeah, I'm on the board. Prolly a 18" 3 pt.[/rquote]

Geez! You guys are killing me. Congrats Hab

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Seriously, you want me to take a picture of 3 pt shed?

I was out today looking at a new piece of property with a co-worker. He may buy it. Hope he does, because I haven't seen that much turkey sign in a long time.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
[rquote=1558539&tid=108420&author=Scott_288]i don't believe you actually found a shed:D..........its just not like you..............[/rquote]

Point taken...but even a blind squirrel...:blah::blah:

Sorry to derail your thread Bio. Great pics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.