Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former Chicken Man
20,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at various bands coming to Missouri for concerts, and I noticed they're mostly going to KC rather than St. Louis. Not that I had the moolah anyway, but the concert booking took a major left turn. :thinking:

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
We recently opened the Sprint center in downtown KCMO.
Its a futuristic silver and glass type dome structure. I think it seats about 20,000.

Ill see if I can get a photo for you.

Its been a big hit because its new.
Thats all I know about it. Have not been there but drive by it often.

:roll2:

·
Registered
69,536 Posts
Here she be.....

I figure as soon as Sprint goes belly up they will change the name of it.....like a lot of arenas around the country have in the past........JMO..:)

[file]45070[/file]

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I heard they were trying to be the only place in the surrounding states to have the monster trucks also. 7 straight nights of monster trucks kind of like when Garth Brooks did his shows there.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Don't forget the Midland Theatre opened back up also. They've been having lots of shows. That's where Larry the Cable Guy is going to be in late April.

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
You must be talkin about the Power and Light district.(thats where the midland theatre is)

Just be careful where you park they are makin lots of bucks out of folks parkin where they should not. You come out to find no vehicle you must then go to a private impound lot and pay $300 or more to get your vehicle back.

So many people have been robbed that the city has limited them to a max fee of $250 but the game is still being played.

:thinking:

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
GH,
Yes, the Power and Light District. I saw that where folks were getting nailed on the parking deal. One thing I noticed though in the news show is that most of those lots were posted as private parking only though.

I guess the one area that's REALLY BAD though is the Taco Bell over by Kauffman Stadium. People park there all the time and head over to the stadium. The tow trucks sit and just wait at that area. Granted the lot is posted.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Swampy
I heard they were trying to be the only place in the surrounding states to have the monster trucks also. 7 straight nights of monster trucks kind of like when Garth Brooks did his shows there.
I hope that's not true. :whinging::whinging::whinging::whinging:
I go see them every year in St. Louis (as you know), and I'd hate to make it a road trip to see them. (Not to mention that I could only see one night of it).

:whinging: and :rules: and :boohoo:

Thanks for the info everyone. At least I know what's going on now. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Kurt I'm just messin with ya:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
69,536 Posts
Lot of locals are upset pertaining to the Dress Code in the Power and Light District. They claim it targets a certain group of people that aren't wanted in the area.

here is what you can not wear:

Bandanas
Work Boots
Ripped/baggy clothing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts