Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat. of youth season i ended up killing my best bird yet. 23 lbs 11 1/2 inch beard and inch spurs. We belly crawled 60 yrds and hit the mouth call and he came in shot at 40 yards. He was with 22 hens and 2 other gobblers

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Holy schmokes! Nice job!:banana:

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm not picking at ya, this is a serious question. It sounds like you took your buddy whom I assume is under 15 as well but did you have a certified adult with you? Or can youths with hunter id's hunt on their own? Just curious b/c I have heard/read some other stories that didn't seem like adults were along and I guess I was confused.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Congrats on getting your turkey!
Sounds like a real nice one too!
:cheers::cheers:

ANY PICS????

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Originally posted by MUHunter
I'm not picking at ya, this is a serious question. It sounds like you took your buddy whom I assume is under 15 as well but did you have a certified adult with you? Or can youths with hunter id's hunt on their own? Just curious b/c I have heard/read some other stories that didn't seem like adults were along and I guess I was confused.
i kinda wonder what the law is to.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
If they are hunter ed certified, they can hunt on their own without adult supervision....if they are using the regular spring permit. If they use the youth permit, then they are required to have an adult accompany them. :cheers:

Congrats on a fine bird! :dancin:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Originally posted by droptine
Originally posted by coyotehunter
good to know, thanks for the info!

If they are hunter ed certified, they can hunt on their own without adult supervision....if they are using the regular spring permit. If they use the youth permit, then they are required to have an adult accompany them. :cheers:

Congrats on a fine bird! :dancin:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Nice bird and congrats!!:)

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Sounds like several good hunts....good job....now ya get to tease your buddy til he redeems himself....lol...Just call him "Gunner" for awhile, that's what we do....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.