Detective work

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by CentralMO, Nov 10, 2010.

1. CentralMO

CentralMO New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    I know it's not much to work with but any guesses what the "thing" on the right side of the picture is? Background:
    A couples buddies and myself bought a farm in Carroll County this spring. We been up there regularly this fall to work on the place or bow hunt and got this on one of our camera pulls. We know we had a "visitor" during the period that this pic was taken as we found another trail cam turned off and the card taken out of it. The image on the left hand side is anyone's guess as it could be a limb or brach but it's weird that out of hundreds of pics from this camera, that is the only time the "woody" image appears. The object on the right side looks like to me to be made of some type of pipe/metal but looks too light to be a climbing stick or anything like that. Just seeing what you guys think. Also good luck to everyone the next couple days if your lucky enough to hunt and thru the weekend.

[file]147415[/file]

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I'm surprised that if they took the card from another camera that they left the card in this one.

I tend to agree... looks a bit like some type of homemade climbing stick or something.

3. CentralMO

CentralMO New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Yeah, we were surprised they didn't pull the card on this one too. Weird. Hopefully they saw what they wanted to see and won't be back.

4. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Almost looks the back side of a Bow String,You know the metal guide that the string gets drawn back across...that or like You stated a metal climbing stick...homemade maybe? :confused:

5. citybowhunter

citybowhunter Senior Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    Looks like a grapevine on the right side. Maybe you had some high winds that swung some branches or twigs into the view that don't show up under normal conditions.

6. citybowhunter

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    your camera isn't sitting level. Are all of your pictures like this?

7. I know every square mile of that county - where's your farm? I will find out who is jackin wit ya

8. CentralMO

CentralMO New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Citybowhunter: Didn't even notice that. I'll have to look back at some other pics from this camera. I really have no idea what's on the right side. Looks man-made to me but I've been wrong many, many times before. I do know that all the pics after this one, didn't have anything on the right side.

9. CentralMO

CentralMO New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    DaThirtyPointer--our place is up by Hale. We love it up there. God's Country as they say.

10. GTOHunter

That doe's look like a grapevine twig now that you mentioned it...but what is that on the left side,almost looks like a camo pants leg?How do You explain the missing SD cards from the other trail camera...those don't just fall out? :thinking: :shrug:

11. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

the piece on the left is a tree branch the thing on the right is part of vine they are all over where i hunt.it probably got windy and blew the stuff in front of the camera or a deer tree rat or anything could of bumped it.your making this allllllot bigger then it needs to be but i guess if you squint your eyes really hard turn off the lights and stand on your head while drinking a beer it could be an aliens:rof2:

12. GTOHunter

Only CentralMO can tell us how the camera is setup and whats around it?It is leaning an awful lot to the right...I feel like I'm on the Ocean! :rof2: :rof2:

I have had racoons crawl up my camera...even scratched the outside of it,had Deer so close that all I got was fur and or a white blob!The high winds we've been having has played tricks on my trail camera,especially the newer ones I have...the I35 IR and the D55IR both pick up leaves falling and branches swaying back and forth so strange things do happen......even caught my Girls walking thru the woods before I went out Hunting,chewed them out for messing up my area before I went out to hunt! :thinking: :mad2: :mad2: :boohoo:

13. CentralMO

CentralMO New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Sorry man, didn't think I was making a big deal out of anything. Just was a weird pic and had some other people that I showed it too thought it was weird also. Occured at the same time our camera was messed with so I thought I would ask.

14. citybowhunter

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    Could be that you forgot to put the sd card in the camera and didn't turn it on. Either that or the trespassers are so rich they didn't want an extra camera for their collection. .02

15. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1890435&tid=131671&author=citybowhunter]Could be that you forgot to put the sd card in the camera and didn't turn it on. Either that or the trespassers are so rich they didn't want an extra camera for their collection. .02[/rquote]
    Trespassers on one of my leases ain't so rich, they went ahead and took both cams.:wave:

16. citybowhunter

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    I've got four cameras out and I haven't had one stolen yet in three years. The guy that used to make these lock brackets is out of business but you could have them made. I'm sure they won't be as cheap as the price I paid for them but they never wear out so if they keep your cameras from being stolen they would be money well spent.
    [file]147434[/file]

17. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

Nature doesn't make right angles. Thing on the right is man-made (MHO):D

18. CentralMO

CentralMO New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    100% sure that were down a card as 2 of us were there as we stopped to switch out the card on our way to set up a blind for his boys youth season hunt. We both remembered doing it. Like I said, the picture isn't much to work with and maybe it's just the angle, proximity to the camera etc..just looked too perfect for a vine, twig etc.. to me and wanted to get some other opinions.

19. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    It was windy that whole week.

20. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1890473&tid=131671&author=UrbanHunter]Nature doesn't make right angles. Thing on the right is man-made (MHO):D[/rquote]

What!?:rof2: