Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the pawn shops got a sks i forget the brand name starts with a "N". anyway they have a sks with a 30 mag detachable clip. you think its worth $225? the but stock is wood. im thinking the dragnov stock would look sweet on it, but is $225 too much???

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
From what I recall....ya can't hunt with that 30 round magazine....

My first gun was a SKS....now that I am "seasoned" I wouldn't shoot with one of those things. Great gun for recoil, but there is NO WAY you are going to be able to mount a scope to it without going through some trouble.....and if it has glass now, the probabilitiy of it not being scoped correctly would be high (and probably the reason it's in the shop anyway). Short of drill/tapping the receiver, you won't be able to keep the glass zeroed!

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Mine is chinese and strictly a recreational gun..
I got it for $99 about 12 yrs ago.

Plenty capable of missouri whitetails, but has about the ballistic capability
of a .30-30..

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Mine is chinese and strictly a recreational gun..
I got it for $99 about 12 yrs ago.

Plenty capable of missouri whitetails, but has about the ballistic capability
of a .30-30..
Yup I got one about 10 years ago for the same price and truth be told you could do the same today.

Now if it was a Russian rifle....

They are very fun rifles to shoot and would make a great "brush gun"

·
Former Chicken Man
20,432 Posts
If it starts with an "N" it's most likely a Norinco, which is the Chinese version. I like them just fine, but the Russian ones are better quality.
As for value, it's been too long since I priced one so I have no idea.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
I dont have a detach for mine either.. just use the stripper clip and load 10 shots
at a time.. quickly too.

BTW.. I have NEVER cleaned this gun in any way... and never had it fail.

purty good action for $99 bucks.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
cant help you much but they are right on the 30 round mag you can only have 11 shells counting a loaded chamber in missouri while hunting deer.

i can't help you on the value of the gun need jackjr to chime in he is probley the expert on military guns here on the site he really enjoys them and knows alot about them.

to me that seems high when you can get a new savage for just a little more than that in several calabers but thats not saying the "value" of that gun isn't correct i just thing you could do better

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
last time I was at the pawn shop I saw one on the shelf with a price tag of $175 no scope or 30 rond mag just plain jane I have no idea if it was china or russa. That was about 4 months ago.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i beleive it was norinco. im not useing this for a deer gun. i have a win mod 70 in .270 and a mod98k mauser 8mm for deer. i just need a cheap semi-auto assualt rifle becuase i been having problems at night with tweakers. im armed with my .45 and 2 shotguns with slugs and buckshot, but im lookin for an assult rifle for more protection. those ar-15's are a little pricey for me.
thanks, my cousin told me to stay away from ***** products and stay with the yukoslavians. i thaught id ask about this before i make a desion.
thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.