Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much demand out there for me to start making deer grunt tubes to go along with my turkey calls? Let me know if you would be interested, and please fill in the poll with what you would think would be a reasonable base price. Dymondwood/Colorwood ones (like my fancy strikers) would be more.

These would be variable tubes with the O ring where you can change from a doe to young buck to mature buck.....etc.

If you'd want one of them, how much would you want to pay? Please click on a price. (Price would include shipping which is about $3 for me)

The reason I'm asking is because several folks have asked me to make them, but I have to justify being able to afford the equipment to make them. Duck and goose calls would fall into this same equipment.......I would be able to make some base line (plastic tone board for the time being) duck and goose calls for folks that would like them.

Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome. You can U2U me if you really want to 'give it to me' too! Thanks for the opinions!

Parker

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,282 Posts
I went $25 because I know that it's not cheap making these. And you should get something for your time and effert. Even if you enjoy making them.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
$25 seems fair. I'd much rather buy a call from you than from knight and hale or one of the other big companys. I'd be interested in some duck and goose calls too

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Did someone say duck calls ;).

Probably wouldn't be interested in a grunt tube but would most definately be interested in a duck call and are you looking at the same prices for the duck call??? If so $25 sounds good for a quality hand crafted call :cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses men. I've been looking at the prices of parts for these grunt tubes, and it looks like they're going to have to be $20 at the VERY minimum....since shipping is included too.

Yes, I'm interested in getting the duck and goose calls up and running. Getting my own tone board jig custom made is one HECK of an investment though (LOTS of money), so you guys are okay with plastic or metal inserts for the calling mechanism? I just want to check. I know this doesn't sit good with 'call collectors' but my opinion is that its great for hunting with.

Keep throwing your .02 at me! Please! I'm interested.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Originally posted by swmo
most definately be interested in a duck call and are you looking at the same prices for the duck call??? If so $25 sounds good for a quality hand crafted call :cheers:
Ditto ;)
You can bet that it won't come out of my shop if I would not hunt with it.

Yes, I would be looking at the same price. Duck, goose and deer guts are all similar in price.

Do you suggest that I sell the calls with a lanyard attached, or do you tend to use your own custom lanyard? (I'm planning on doing it for the deer calls, but I didn't know about duck and goose calls, since you may be carrying several at a time on a custom lanyard.)

Parker

·
5,632 Posts
Parker, I voted for $20 for no real reason other than I'm kind of a "middle of the road" guy when it comes to hunting accessories. However, I WILL purchase one of your grunt tubes no matter what the cost. Within reason, of course.

I want to be on the VECtor Pro Staff!! PLLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ?????

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I'll buy one but I ain't gonna vote on a price. I want a custom call, made out of wood off my land, hand carved, 27 hand rubbed coats of minwax and gold inlayed decorations. :D

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Originally posted by swmo
most definately be interested in a duck call and are you looking at the same prices for the duck call??? If so $25 sounds good for a quality hand crafted call :cheers:
Ditto ;)
You can bet that it won't come out of my shop if I would not hunt with it.

Yes, I would be looking at the same price. Duck, goose and deer guts are all similar in price.

Do you suggest that I sell the calls with a lanyard attached, or do you tend to use your own custom lanyard?
Without the lanyard... I guess you might make in an option to get the lanyard, but i know me and alot of the others have a lanyard that holds several calls

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
I'll buy one but I ain't gonna vote on a price. I want a custom call, made out of wood off my land, hand carved, 27 hand rubbed coats of minwax and gold inlayed decorations. :D
Okay.....well....we better get the wood drying process going. I like to age wood rather than kiln dry it. We'll start out with a base price of $700.....and we'll go up from there. Sound good?! :hysterical:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Parker, I voted for $20 for no real reason other than I'm kind of a "middle of the road" guy when it comes to hunting accessories. However, I WILL purchase one of your grunt tubes no matter what the cost. Within reason, of course.

I want to be on the VECtor Pro Staff!! PLLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ?????
The Strike Force is the new team to be on Jmac......the Pro Staff cost me a lot of money and the results have been VERY minimal. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Trial and error.........

Parker

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
So if we have a hat and call, then we're in the Strike Force right? :D

I will vote... $25 feels right to me too.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Lefty
So if we have a hat and call, then we're in the Strike Force right? :D

I will vote... $25 feels right to me too.
YEP! The original STRIKE FORCE idea came from some of the members on here........(hunter7x, Hannibal, Keith......) that couldn't get enough of my laminated turkey call STRIKErs. They've got enough that I think they're chewing on them.

Pipe is on the STRIKE FORCE too, cause his dog DOES eat my laminated strikers! :eek: :bangin:

Parker

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Originally posted by Hayzer
Okay.....well....we better get the wood drying process going. I like to age wood rather than kiln dry it. We'll start out with a base price of $700.....and we'll go up from there. Sound good?! :hysterical:
Wait a minute :mad2: that $700 could go into the barn :mad2:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:moon:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.