Delima ( No longer a Delima - Now with Pics)

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Reflex, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    A while back ago I posted about a chance to buy an AR-15 for $600.00 if a friend could get it back from her ex-BF. Well, she got it back today but here is the delimma. Apparently the ex called the cops on her for coming to get her stuff, no big deal, they let her get her stuff and the gun. However, the cop told her that the AR is worth at least $1000.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

She bought it for $700 so I am trying to convince her to get her money back.

2. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005

3. You got to love cops :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:cheers:

4. BELTFEDMG

BELTFEDMG New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Bland MO
    What you should do depends on if you want to do the right thing or get over on a freind? The choice is obvious, the lowest you should pay is IF shes a freind is what she paid, if not, go for as low as you can get it.

5. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Technically she is the my future brother in-laws gf. She broke up with him 2 years ago and has been going out with this other guy, then all of the sudden she breaks up with the other guy and wants to go back out with my bro in-law. A little curious I think.... :thinking:

6. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Franklin County, MO
    Is she really a friend? Will there be bad juju if you take advantage of the situation?

Set your lust for an AR aside. Help the girl establish a value for the piece. A trip to the pawn shop and to Ruby's should take care of that. Once a fair value is established, ask her if she will let you make payments. When you are flush with cash, the day after your wedding, pay it off.

When the bride objects, tell her it is her wedding present to you.

7. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    I haven't talked to her about it yet. She is supposed to bring it over tonight. I want to inspect it real good and shoot it before I decide to buy. That should give her time to think about what she wants as far as price wise. I won't mention anything to her about a price tonight. Gonna try and shoot it on Sunday.

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1284666&tid=89848&author=Reflex]Technically she is the my future brother in-laws gf. She broke up with him 2 years ago and has been going out with this other guy, then all of the sudden she breaks up with the other guy and wants to go back out with my bro in-law. A little curious I think.... :thinking:[/rquote]
    Well, whatever happens I say the quicker you get that AR outta her posession the better. :D

9. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1284955&tid=89848&author=rat][rquote=1284666&tid=89848&author=Reflex]Technically she is the my future brother in-laws gf. She broke up with him 2 years ago and has been going out with this other guy, then all of the sudden she breaks up with the other guy and wants to go back out with my bro in-law. A little curious I think.... :thinking:[/rquote]
    Well, whatever happens I say the quicker you get that AR outta her posession the better. :D[/rquote]

I am trying to fiqure out what to do. I am planning on buying a truck later this year. The coinage I drop on the gun could go towards the truck, but if the recent trend continues, then the gun maybe worth as much as the truck!!!! This maybe a heck of a deal if everything falls together. :shrug:

10. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Well here she be!!! Asked last night how much she wanted for the gun staight off, and she said just what she originally bought it for. So...........7 Bills and its mine. Still gonna shoot it before I buy it though. Here is a couple of pics. I personally know the person the built this gun. The lower is stamped as a DoubleStar Corp.

Pic 1

[file]59600[/file]

11. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Pic 2

[file]59602[/file]

12. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice! :2thumbsup:

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Good deal! :cheers:

14. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
  15. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man for 700 i would be pulling out cash before she got her mouth shut...it will shoot don't worry about that get it before the chance passes

if you really want an AR thats a steal you can;t buy the cheapset made junk AR for that let alone one bulit deicenty

16. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    The deal won't pass. I already let her know that i would most likely buy. Probably end up writing here a check today or tomorrow anyway.

17. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Doublestars are made in Winchester, KY. I've met the VP of the company, and I know they work hard to make things go right. A buddy of mine, a dealer, had a 9mm DS at a gunshow that had some parts in it that wouldn't work properly, they were .223 specific parts some yokel had assembled.

EVEN THOUGH THE COMPANY DIDN'T ASSEMBLE THE LOWER, the VP took it over to his table and replaced all the parts that weren't appropriate for 9mm, and made it function properly. He wanted it to work right, if their name was on it. That said a lot to me. I was just standing there, listening to the conversations, and he came across as a really straight-up guy. No charge was the cost, which I thought was really square, too.

18. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1286654&tid=89848&author=glennasher1]Doublestars are made in Winchester, KY. I've met the VP of the company, and I know they work hard to make things go right. A buddy of mine, a dealer, had a 9mm DS at a gunshow that had some parts in it that wouldn't work properly, they were .223 specific parts some yokel had assembled.

EVEN THOUGH THE COMPANY DIDN'T ASSEMBLE THE LOWER, the VP took it over to his table and replaced all the parts that weren't appropriate for 9mm, and made it function properly. He wanted it to work right, if their name was on it. That said a lot to me. I was just standing there, listening to the conversations, and he came across as a really straight-up guy. No charge was the cost, which I thought was really square, too.[/rquote]

Sounds like a good business model! I think the gun is in nearly perfect condition. Not to familiar with ARs, but I am going to be learning real quick. :2thumbsup:

19. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Done Deal. Wrote the check out for it last night. Although she didn't come over for me to give it to her. I am now the proud owner of an EBR!! I already have accessories picked out for it, but promised the fiance I wouldn't spend anymore money on it right now. :claphands: