Featured DeerView windows

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by wingman, May 9, 2018.

1. wingman

wingman Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Who has used them and which ones do you have. Likes and dislikes.

WBF likes this.
  2. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Following

3. wingman

May 30, 2012
  4. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    I've looked into their product/web site but that's as far as I've reached. I plan on making some permanent stands this summer in an octagon shape so no blind spots or corners. I've considered some of the widows that home builders use that slide up and down and are double panes. There's a small road side budiness near my farm that buys and sells windows at a decent price. The key is finding the right sizes for my particular build. I do believe that Deerview will customize windows to your particular blind but I've yet to inquire on the cost. Kinda afraid to! Lol. Those that have used Deerview in my area and up north have been pleased with the overall function/durability.

Crappie likes this.
  5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Senior Hunter

I have them in my blind and only used one year and have no issues with them. They are the hinge window and are light weight and affordable. It took awhile to get them because I understand they are a small operation and they are made per order.

6. wingman

May 30, 2012
    I guess I’m looking for the differences in the economy vs the deluxe
    vs the slider,etc. The prices,considering the cost of a pre-made complete blinds like say a Redneck, aren’t too outrageous. I just can’t figure out exactly which ones I want to use. Their website doesn’t show very many detailed views of the windows themselves and their construction. Plenty of photos of home made blinds but it is kinda hard to see how well the windows actually fit and function.

7. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

I am planning on building atleast one permanent blind this summer with more to follow. And plan on making it octagon aswell. My plan was to have some plexiglass cut and then use toggle clamps to get a good seal. Put some stainless angle across the top and bottom for a drip edge of sorts.

But that may all change when I go to build it!

8. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Springfield
    I used sliders from Menards - 48" wide and 24" tall for $64. It was important for me that both sides would slide. Most sliding windows have one side fixed. Downside is these are single pane - thus fog up faster in cold weather if you try to use a propane heater. Next time I may spring for dual pane glass.

With the large windows you get a great view. however when the deer start piling into the food plot I use thin plywood sheets painted flat black in various widths to lean against the windows to hide behind.

Bow killed a 152" 10 pointer out of it.

gurgalunas and CRE10 like this.
  9. MOBEN

MOBEN Member

Jan 9, 2008
    arbela MO
    Have had them in two of my blinds for several years. only problem is that they do freeze and we have to thaw them to get them open. Had one window fall out

10. wingman

May 30, 2012
    Which kind? Hinged or slider?

11. MOBEN

MOBEN Member

Jan 9, 2008
    arbela MO
    Slider.We finally just left them open prior to opening day.

12. Bloodtrail 1

Bloodtrail 1 Grand PooBah

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    I just received the shipment of my deer view windows. Some might remember that a member was selling 2 elevated box blinds about a month ago. Well I bought them. Ordered 8 hinged deer view windows to go in them.
    Look like really good quality. I got the grey tinted and camo'd, hinged. Bought 6 3'x1' and 2 2'x1' . Think I'm really gonna like them.

CRE10 likes this.
  13. wingman

May 30, 2012
    Nice! How much was shipping for all of them?

14. Bloodtrail 1

Bloodtrail 1 Grand PooBah

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Shipping wasn't bad. Weighed 27 lbs. Somewhere around $1 lb. No taxes.