Deer, weather, getting frustrated

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Wooddust, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Wooddust

Wooddust Active Member

Jul 26, 2003
    The last 14 hours(2 ams and 2 PMs) in stand I have seen exactly zero deer, somewhere in the neighborhood of 4. 5 million squirrels, and each day 13 turkeys stop by to show me I am not blind.

2. dpd925

dpd925 Member

Nov 16, 2009
    sounds like me except I've only seen turkeys on one hunt this year. There was 6 or 7 of them

3. kodiak1269

kodiak1269 New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    pacific
    yea and to think, back in the spring everyone saying the turkey population is way down!!!:bull:

4. adamwytt

adamwytt New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    JOCOMO
    Me 3, not seeing nothin in area last year I saw, about 10 deer each sit, I'm bout burnt out, just keep hunting and tell your self, the does are getting ready to come in, so anything is possible, and telling your self your due to see a giant doesn't hurt eithier

5. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

I'm second-guessing my stand placement. Gonna go glass some other areas this morning, and see if they're just being contrary, or what.
    I feel for ya', wooddust, sounds like some others of us are in the same boat.:boohoo:

6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  7. shores

shores Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Fenton
    Just remember fellas it takes 1 second for a deer hunt to turn around. Thats what I always remind myself of everytime I start cussing the deer in the stand wondering where they are. :cheers:

8. Same boat- the south wind has been miserable but i think things are about to turn around

9. duhunt911

duhunt911 Member

May 18, 2009
    O'Fallon
    dito went from hot to cold in a day. Seeing small bucks but nothing else. I think they are in the brush doing there thing. Scrapes went cold and havent seen any does only young bucks. Could just be the weather too.

10. Radar

Radar Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Liberty , Mo.
    Not seeing deer ? Hunt somewhere you haven't hunted much this year .

11. Romad

Romad New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I dont post on here very often but after the weather we have been having and the almost complete absence of any movement I figured I better check in.

My wife and I are in the same boat. We have spent literally 30 days in the woods, AM and PM. And have yet to see a deer old enough to take. We have two spikes who seem to follow us around and we see them a lot. I had a chance to take a young doe and I got a shot on her but after blood trailing her for over a mile the trail went dry and I think I hit her just behind the lungs. Good pools of blood then just nothing. Kinda heartbreaking knowing it was a lethal hit but not being able to recover her.

the wifey is completely burnt out, and unless I can get her on a deer soon she might be done for the year.

We got an offer last week to hunt about 20 acres that never get hunted and there are plenty of scrapes and sign but we have yet to see anything besides turkey this entire week.

12. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    I havnt seen a deer since last sunday and only two deer before that.

13. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1890754&tid=131698&author=Wooddust]somewhere in the neighborhood of 4. 5 million squirrels

[/rquote]

I know the feeling, I think they've multiplied exponentially the last few years, there's billions :whiteflag:

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Since the start of archery season I have seen a total of 9 deer. Only 1 buck, the rest were young deer that I could never get a shot on. During rifle season we have seen 3 and they were running full bore through the woods. I'm done until the weather changes.

15. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    Join the club. This is the first year I can remember getting skunked during rifle season.