Deer tore up my plot!

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Woods, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Pulled up to the food plot Saturday to retrieve my feeder, and found what looked like cow trails going into both plots. The rear plot looked like hogs had been in there and plum tore it up. The purple top turnips finally came up and they were hitting them hard. Of course I forgot the camera at the house. :banghead:

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Bummer ain't it............:cheers:

3. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

May 19, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Woods - without pics we can't either verify or acknowledge your claim? :D:D

I've been there done that! In fact, I did that last Friday, got all the way out to the farm and forgot my camera.

4. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    sounds like it is serving its propuse

5. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I'd be pissed if I were you. I'd go out there with all your friends and poach all them deer so they'll quit eating them food plots.
    LOL

Sounds like a good problem to have actually...

6. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Please tell me that you hunted those plots! :sniper:

7. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

I hunted the plots and had my cam out most of the season and didn't see a deer. Of course they wait till after the season to come and feed on my turnips. :stickfight:

8. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Harrisburg
    Guess I better go and check my turnips. As of about 3 weeks ago, they were just heaved up on the ground begging to be eaten - and being ignored.

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    This was a bad winter for brassicas plots, far too mild as far as I'm concerned. Also I wouldn't be too concerned if they don't eat the bulbs, sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. The greens are what you should expect them to eat, or at least hope that they do.