Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked on another board for info on these. I have my stand and a blind up. I was about to buy some Deer Sense smoke sticks and place them around both. I am always leary of trying new scents/tactics, especially so close to the 15th. I'm going to give it a shot and I'll let you guys know how well it works.

I was thinking of placing them along the trail I'm set up by and making sure they are up wind of my stand. As for my blind, should I place them inside or around the blind?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
i use them and i think they are great. i set them up usually one 2 at the most depending on the phase of the rut. about 10-15 yards away from my stand or location.

be sure to place them inside a box with holes on top, so they will burn slower and last longer.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,350 Posts
If you're unsure, maybe you could try them in a different spot so that you don't alert the deer in your area to them. Maybe even in a state park or somewhere else that doesn't allow hunting, and then put out the sticks and hunt them with a camera. If it works to your liking, then you'll be confident using them in your hunting area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.