Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see as many turkey as I usually do on the place where I hunt during the regular gun deer season. Hope thats no indication of a lower population next spring.

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
I've seen a bunch of turkeys this fall. :wave:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was private land, Camden County, with a high population of poachers, unfortunately.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that's encouraging. Glad everybody else has seen a good population.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,045 Posts
Haven't seen many turks this year either. Lots of flooding in our area this year, so they may have moved to higher ground, at least that's what I'm hoping.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A couple turkey honey holes were just plain empty this fall. I didn't see tracks, feathers, or poop anywhere. BUT...the few flocks I did manage to find had 50+ birds.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,973 Posts
I have been seeing LOTS of turkeys this year....

Seems to me like they're everywhere......

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
shoot i am getting so used to all of them they don't even get scare me when i wake them up in the morning going in:cheers:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Compared to the last 10 years, I havn't seen squat. I've been seeing all hens which is good, but a group of 5 and a group of 3. I've been seeing way more bobcats, and this is not good fellas. I think they're gonna hurt the turkey population. Coyotes and fox are one thing, but they don't climb trees like a cat. This is the first year I've ever seen cats on our farm, and I don't like it. The one good thing, I will soon have a new wall mount!:D:D:D
The only place I like em', on the wall!!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Seen more turkeys than deer, and I seen a lot of deer. Seen two old goblers run around together, they must have been 4 foot tall with breads draging the ground. I'll be after them for sure with my bow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts