Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this place is for deer hunting not repelling ,but i got a lttle ole lady i hunt on that the deer are eating the heck out of her trees.they mean alot to her.she and her husband planted them two years ago right before he passed on.i took her out some fish this afternoon and she had some big ole tears in her eyes standing out in them and i promised i would get something that would work for her.anybody ever used anything that worked.thanks:cheers:

·
5,632 Posts
There is supposed to be some kind of tape that you can stake up around them that repels deer. I forgot what it's called but guys use it to keep deer out of food plots before they're ready.

There's also some kind of spray that you can douse the trees or shrubs or flowers in that will keep the deer from eating them.

I know, a lot of help I am! Don't have any names.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, she got a fifty pounder that makes the rounds all the time,coming up when ole dog sleeping and being quiet i guess fifty yards from the porch.i guess they are used to her or something and know his time table

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
isnt their some stuff you can buy at bass pro to put out around food plots to make them grow and keep the deer out???
I also heard ivory soap works too

·
5,632 Posts
I guess that means I'll have to clean my arrow shafts. I use ivory for arrow lube!

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Plotsaver tape works around my plots excellent.
Put the tape up around the plot spray with their egg based repellent and respray every 30 days or so.
I have see good results around my sunflowers. I have 2 plots surrounded this year.
I ordered my kits from Cabelas.

good luck!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Go to your local barber shop or hair salon and ask them to save you some hair. They just sweep it up and throw it out anyway. Just put human hair around the trees and most deer won't get anywhere near it because of the human scent.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
How many trees are you talking about? I put a 48" tall wire mesh enclosure around each of the 8 trees I planted by the clubhouse. Does two things - kept them from eating the leaves (except those that poke out) and kept the bucks from making rubs on them.

·
10,944 Posts
i use plot saver around the garden, its working so far. redon is correct about the cages, when sept gets here the bucks will shread the trees if they are not protected. the hair trick can help also.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
well i use to go into southern ill and they planted little apple trees deer eat them up but they would put a bar of dial soap on a string tie it to the tree and they were pros at this said it worked the best and real cheap

·
Registered
786 Posts
Another thing I've seen work to keep deer out of a garden:
drive rebar or fence posts around the perimeter and stretch clear monofilament fishing line about 2'-3' off the ground. 20 pound test works good. Deer can't see the line and it spooks them real good when their chest runs into it. :cheers:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yep an outfitter in Iowa said he used SOAP to divert deer off trails, Ivory ,Dial doesnt matter. I tried the human hair thing and it didn't work well (my old dad used to have a barber shop) I had my best luck with irish spring.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
Have me sit nearby with my bow... its been my experience that I can repel deer purty good. :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.