Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my camera out a few weeks ago during the heat and got "0" pictures for the week. There is a bean field at the north end of the draw and corn at the south end across a grass field. I usually get all kinds of pictures, but this summer there are no tracks, dropping or sightings at all. I moved the camera to the hard woods where there are no fields in the area and got quite a few pictures, What do you guys think the reasoning for this is? I have plenty of food at both ends of the draw and a pond in the middle. I'm hoping that the harvesting of the corn will change things.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh yea, There are few acorns this year and the camera was on and working because it took a picture of me getting it from the woods. :cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Acorns is probably the answer. You may have a tree on the property that is producing a ton of them, that's what you need to find.

You'll find plenty of droppings there too, that's for sure! :D

Parker

·
Under appreciated
91,815 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Acorns is probably the answer.

Parker
I agree.. they are dropping now and I think its gonna be another good mast crop this year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah I'd say more than likely there are Acorns in the woods, that will pull deer off virtualy every other food souce. Find the acorns and you'll be in the deer!

·
Under appreciated
91,815 Posts
Originally posted by Hatch
They will eat acorns evry chance they get over ANYTHING else, it is going to be another tough year for field hunters so get in the woods !!!
After last year, I'm pretty convinced.. you got it hatch.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the thoughts guys!

That makes alot of sense to me so I guess I need to check the acorn crop in the other area. I am getting the most activity in the area that I bow hunt so maybe I will get lucky early in the season.
:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.