Deer on my place, too cool!

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by sambo3006, Jun 2, 2009.

1. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    I have a little over 3 acres and a little over half of it is wooded. I have seen deer on our road but over the last 5 1/2 yrs very rarely would I see one run across my property. Last fall during gun season my wife saw 5 does and fawns out below the house--of course I was out hunting elsewhere :mad2:This morning I was shooting my bow and went to the target to pull out the first arrows of the day and what do you know, a deer started snorting at me from my woods. The cover is quite thick and I couldn't see it but it sounded no more than 60-70 yds. This is very encouraging to me. I would love to shoot a deer on my property, but more than that I would like to see them on a more regular basis. I don't know how I ever stood living in the city.

2. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Same here,finally moved to a somewhat country setting and have seen deer in the back yard several times at dusk.

3. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

It's a real special feeling to have critters all around you (that you want to have). :cheers:

4. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    seen two copperheads last week in the yard. won't see them again:D

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Country is great ain't it

If you don't want to hunt them and we got plenty of time till season if ya do, a little feed goes a long ways, for a more permanant fix though I'm sure you can find all the info and materials you need to get it done right here :claphands:

6. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    cool, where i built my house is only 6 acres it is surrounded by woods though, but i killed deer off of it for a couple of years in a row until i bought my farm, but people would laugh when i told them i hunted on 6 acres

7. JustBob

JustBob New Member

if it's the right 6 acres that is all that matters. some guys have all the luck.

8. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    I'm so looking forward to waking up every morning & looking out to see what's standing in the fields. Glad to hear you're getting to see the wildlife.:claphands:

9. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1284438&tid=89809&author=pinwheel]I'm so looking forward to waking up every morning & looking out to see what's standing in the fields. Glad to hear you're getting to see the wildlife.:claphands:[/rquote]

since you already closed how long till the big move?

10. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1284443&tid=89809&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1284438&tid=89809&author=pinwheel]I'm so looking forward to waking up every morning & looking out to see what's standing in the fields. Glad to hear you're getting to see the wildlife.:claphands:[/rquote]

since you already closed how long till the big move?[/rquote]

Looking to be moved in around Oct. Got a major remodel to do on the front portion of the house. Building new kitchen cabinets, new porcelain tile, about 600 sq ft new sand on site hardwood floors. We're keeping our current home till next spring.

11. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1284465&tid=89809&author=pinwheel][rquote=1284443&tid=89809&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1284438&tid=89809&author=pinwheel]I'm so looking forward to waking up every morning & looking out to see what's standing in the fields. Glad to hear you're getting to see the wildlife.:claphands:[/rquote]

Looking to be moved in around Oct. Got a major remodel to do on the front portion of the house. Building new kitchen cabinets, new porcelain tile, about 600 sq ft new sand on site hardwood floors. We're keeping our current home till next spring.[/rquote]

:cheers::cheers:

12. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    [rquote=1284465&tid=89809&author=pinwheel][rquote=1284443&tid=89809&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1284438&tid=89809&author=pinwheel]I'm so looking forward to waking up every morning & looking out to see what's standing in the fields. Glad to hear you're getting to see the wildlife.:claphands:[/rquote]

Looking to be moved in around Oct. Got a major remodel to do on the front portion of the house. Building new kitchen cabinets, new porcelain tile, about 600 sq ft new sand on site hardwood floors. We're keeping our current home till next spring.[/rquote]

I've heard that Fishshooter can build you some new cabients, or you can buy them from Lowes or Home Depot:D:whistle::stirpot:Congrats to you and Ms. Jenny:cheers: