Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pic of my dad's first deer and only deer killed with a bow. He killed this back in around 1964-1965. My grandpa(right) said he found dad laying along side a gravel road passed out laying next to the deer. Both my dad and grandpa played a big role in molding me as a hunter. I miss them both.

[file]81326[/file]

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I'm lovin these older pics. Thanks. It gives us just a glimpes at how long the sport of deer hunting has been popular.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:cheers:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,980 Posts
Great pic thanks for sharing it.

Do you know what kind of bow that is and where it is today? It would make a great display item on a nice bow rack in your hunting room.:cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1488880&tid=103981&author=archer66]Great pic thanks for sharing it.

Do you know what kind of bow that is and where it is today? It would make a great display item on a nice bow rack in your hunting room.:cheers:[/rquote]
My dad was always fond of Browning recurves. I know that particular bow was destroyed in a fire. He replaced it and still had it in 2000. He passed away in 2003. My oldest son said the bow is at dad's former girlfriends house. I was unaware of that. I'm sure when I ask about it, she won't know anything about it. I will be calling her anyways just in case I may have a chance in getting it back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[rquote=1489284&tid=103981&author=aimhard]I can see the resemblence, you and your father. His deer and yours in the avitar too. LOL:kewlpics:[/rquote]
Yea, I think I like gravy a bit more than he did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.