Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are geting ready to buy a new house and my wife says mount cant go. i shot this in 1989 with a bow, it has a hole in one tine and tip is broke off same tine, it is 11pts with a 16 1/2" inside spread. dont know value or if any one is even interested in buying mounts. i am trying to talk my wife into letting me keep it but it is a losing battle i think,lol anyone interested, make offer as i have no clue as to a value on something like this. it prolly needs to be recaped as the guy who done it was a elder man and rushed it out and it is starting to show wear on it. nice rack though. the deer itself when field dressed went over 200lbs. easily. email [email protected] or post here. here are a couple of pics

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Get another wife,,,,,,,,,,they are easier to come by than big bucks.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Don't do it man! Even if it has to go to the garage, keep it. Save it for a grandchild, anything.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'd really like to, i have had it so long now, that my wife is just sick of looking at it,lol i know big bucks are hard to come by, it took me along time to just get this one and i have only seen a few bigger that i might have had a chance at but didnt get any shots at. thanx

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! :eek: Keep da mount and trade in da wife man!

Mrs Snowman just added..Whats important to you should be important to her!

·
Former Chicken Man
20,352 Posts
We've got about twelve mounts in our living room, and when we thought the cancer was going to croak me, Ellie and Brad both said they'd leave the mounts up because of how much they meant to me.
I know everyone has different priorities, but they shouldn't be totally one-sided.

Just an honest opinion that you never asked for, so feel free to ignore it or tell me to shut up. :rotfl:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for the opinion, i appreciate it, i wish you the best of luck with the cancer thing, sorry to hear that, the house we are looking at has a basement, so who knows, maybe she will let me keep it,lol

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
When the wife and I met and she came over for dinner she commented on my mounts in the living room and dining room. She tollerated them until we were married. We compromised (sort of). I took the three bass off the dining room wall and the deer heads and turkey fans out of the living room and hung them all in MY ROOM in the basement. I have all my guy things down there including my reloading stuff, guns, mounts, big tv, beer fridge and my computer. She got to girliefy the rest of the house which is fine with me. I think the two of you need to talk.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
At the very least, keep the antlers and have it remounted when you get a considerate wiffy!:mad2:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
boy ,i don't think your wife would like my house:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its not that she doesnt like the mount, she knows how hard i hunted to finally get a nice buck and have it mounted. she just doesnt like it in the main rooms of the house,lol like i say, the house we are looking at has a basement and maybe i could have my own "guy room",lol that would be nice, plus my son is 15 and he likes the mount and gives him reason to go hunting to top the ole man on a nice buck,lol

·
just a no body
15,625 Posts
Originally posted by henry
Get another wife,,,,,,,,,,they are easier to come by than big bucks.

:cheers::cheers:
:withstupid:..even my girlfriend said the same thing.

i'm beanpiles girlfriend here's what i think: obviously she is not a hunter.....she has no idea of what it took for you to get that buck.....i would do this...pick something in the house that she values and tell her IT can't go in the new house.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thinks for the advise, lol i might have to do that, she has shot archery tournaments and has hunted with me and even has shot a deer(doe), just when my daughter was born she lost interest in hunting. but she likes to shoot when she gets to which is not very often now adays. but thanxs for the advise.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by Snowman

Mrs Snowman just added..Whats important to you should be important to her!
I'll drink to that! :wink4:

I'm grateful for having a wife that thinks the exact same way. She's always saying, "I just want you to be happy...", and I am -- and then some. And believe me -- what comes around, goes around, in our home. In a very, very nice way, I might add... :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.