DEER MEAT!! DEER MEAT!!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by racks-n-beards, Nov 8, 2010.

1. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

Is what the kids were chanting the whole time we cooked dinner last night. And the first question my son had when I called to tell em daddy shot a buck was, "Can we have some deer meat for dinner??"

Pleasant surprise they took to wild game as much as they have. Really good to see!! :2thumbsup:

I would venture to say a man could lose a finger if they tried to take a piece off their plates. :eek:

2. barmann88

barmann88 New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    My three year old loves it, the wife hates it LOL:D

3. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Active Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    Wish my family liked deer meat that much. I would shoot some does for sure.

4. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  5. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    me and my boys had grilled backstraps last night. Wife had chicken. :rof2:

6. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Good stuff! You'll have to kill another if you want it to last at all. :claphands::eek::

7. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

[rquote=1885597&tid=131369&author=BigJake]Good stuff! You'll have to kill another if you want it to last at all. :claphands::eek::[/rquote]

Dats the plan!!:pop::D

8. smcjbh3

smcjbh3 Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southwest Missouri
    Same here, my buddy taught me how to grill the steaks. I have 4 boys, all under 10 and they eat it up. The wife has chicken or fish. She will eat the Jerky and sometimes the burger in chili or stew. Can't get her to eat the steak or roast.

9. Labs40

Labs40 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Wentzville,Mo
    Yea wife hates it and kids can't get enough of it!:D

10. luckystrike63

luckystrike63 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I guess I'm lucky because my old lady loves deer. It makes my life a lot easier.

11. luckystrike63

luckystrike63 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I guess I'm lucky because my old lady loves deer. It makes my life a lot easier.

12. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    I guess I am lucky . My wife and kids all love deer meat . Had some backstrap last night and the wife was coplaining that we are about out of steaks already .

13. chuck88

chuck88 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    vension is the most ate meat at our house. when I first met my wife she said deer meat was gross and she wouldn't eat it. but then I found the only time she'd ever ate deer was cooked in the microwave :cool3::cool3: . but one taste of grilled tenderloin and she came a "deer eater" as a matter of fact she even started hunting several years ago so we would have more. she is kinda funny in one sense though is that she will target a yearling over any thing else (she does want a big buck though :eek:: )

14. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    If it was anything is good as our grilled backstrap lunch we had Saturday, I can see why. I still feel bad that Uncle Weo took food outta those poor kid's mouths.

15. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    [rquote=1885593&tid=131369&author=Shrapnel]me and my boys had grilled backstraps last night. Wife had chicken. :rof2:[/rquote]

Same around our house.

16. Deeraholic

Deeraholic Great White Buffalo @*%!

Momma and me only eat venison at our house. None of that 2nd rate beef is allowed:D

17. BowtechIAN

BowtechIAN New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Columbia
    [rquote=1885680&tid=131369&author=mohunter32][rquote=1885593&tid=131369&author=Shrapnel]me and my boys had grilled backstraps last night. Wife had chicken. :rof2:[/rquote]

Same around our house.[/rquote]

X3 , At my house there is chicken tacos, chicken chili, chicken spaghetti, chicken everything. It doesn't go on the kids and my plates though!!

18. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    i'm lucky in the fact that my wife loves deer meat......heck we run 150 head of cattle and feed out a couple thousand hogs a year and all we eat is deer meat.....grilled loin and roast being the family favorites.

19. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Did it ever occur to ya'll that there is a reason that cattle were domesticated and deers wern't. Cuz beef is what's for supper. :D If deer tasted like beef (or pork for that matter) they'd be extinct.

20. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    Deer meat, deer meat!