Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BENTONVILLE, Ark. - For 40 exhausting minutes, Wayne Goldsberry battled a buck with his bare hands in his daughter's bedroom.

Goldsberry finally subdued the five-point whitetail deer that crashed through a bedroom window at his daughter's home Friday. When it was over, blood splattered the walls and the deer lay on the bedroom floor, its neck broken.

Goldsberry was at his daughter's home when he heard glass breaking. He went back to check on the noise and found the deer.
"I was standing about like this peeking around the corner when the deer came out of the bedroom," said Goldsberry, demonstrating while peering around his kitchen wall. The deer ran down the hall and into the master bedroom â€" "jumping back and forth across the bed."

"I could tell he was really tearing up the place back there," Goldsberry said.

‘He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for a while.’

â€" Deputy Doug Gay
Benton County Sheriff's Department

Goldsberry entered the bedroom to confront the deer and, after a brief struggle, emerged to tell his wife to call police. After returning to the bedroom, the fight continued. Goldsberry finally was able to grip the animal and twist its neck, killing it.

"He was trying to get up a corner wall and I just came in behind him and grabbed him by the horns and just started pushing down," said Goldsberry.

Goldsberry, sore from the struggle, dragged the dead animal out of the house.

"He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for awhile," Deputy Doug Gay said.

Benton County Sheriff Keith Ferguson said that when he arrived he found the deer dead in the front yard. Goldsberry intended to have the deer processed for its meat.

Gay said that, this time of year, bucks that see their reflection in windows often charge them, believing the mirror image to be a rival.

On Monday in Pine Bluff, the principal of Coleman Elementary School rid his building of a deer by opening a door. Students were preparing for dismissal Monday when a deer crashed through a window and bounded through a hallway.

The buck floundered on the school's slick floor for about three minutes exiting via a door along the side of a hallway. Principal Bill Tietz said the deer was slightly injured from the glass and lost an antler. Tietz said the animal leapt a 6-foot fence after leaving the school.

:superman:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9896288/

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
[rquote=1559804&tid=108489&author=bocomo]Ive caught turkey's in woven wire fence before and broke their neck, but a deer in the house would be difficult i would think. Great story. Thanks for posting.[/rquote]

was it turkey season:thinking:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know a guy that shot a little deer, he found it by the creek still alive, He tried to shoot it again and gun jambed, so he drowned it in the creek......The story is better if you know the guy....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
my brother in law tried to help a doe out of a fence one time. needless to say but he was pretty bet up and his pants were ripped up. its a great story to hear him tell and act out. :rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1560131&tid=108489&author=STICKUM]I know a guy that shot a little deer, he found it by the creek still alive, He tried to shoot it again and gun jambed, so he drowned it in the creek......The story is better if you know the guy.... [/rquote]
One of my old friends used to tell a similar story except it was a full grown buck in a pond with his dad as the shooter, it seems the buck was swimming around in the pond after being shot & his dad waded in & finished the job.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.