Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the beanfield where i saw the bobcat the other day. With the cool front comin in i figured i was gonna see some deer. I got tucked into this little line of brush at the very end of it, perfect place to sit, pretty much impossible for a deer to see you. Well i saw a really big doe when i got there about 150 yrds away perfect wind, blew my sent towards a house that was like 50 yards behind me. Anyways she went back in the woods. Well bought 5 minutes later a doe and her twins came out about 100 yrds away then went right back in the woods after 15-20 min of feeding, then one came up through a hayfield to my left at about 50 yrds about 20 min before dark, she fed within 30 yrds and looked to my left, out of the corner of my eye a big doe comes in the same way she did only this one is 6 steps from me, had no clue i was there, EXCITING!!!! Then the doe that was about 30 yrds away came wallkin up with her ears layed back and circled down wind of the other doe, so now i have 2 huge does at about 11 ft from me. The doe that circled lunged at the other doe and SNORT WEEZED like a buck would and the other doe troted off to the side, well me being interested in this as i have never seen a doe snort weez, i snort weez, both does tried to get down wind of me but couldnt due to the house, now that was fun to watch

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Neat! I will admit my mind did go elsewhere!:D

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Well, atleaste I'm not the only one with A.D.D...

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went out to the same spot and seen 7 total. 3 Does, i fork horn and 3 big bodied deer but it was to dark to tell what they were. I also saw 3 hens with like 20 poults too. Funny thing is the little buck came out with a doe and they fed around but then he acted like real pissy and took off after the doe and started snorting at her. Whats up with all the deer snorting??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.