deer classic blues

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by frosty, Mar 4, 2006.

1. frosty

frosty Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sedalia
    Just got home from the deer classic and would have to say it was a big dissappointment, was not much there at all. anyone one feel the same way, if you havent been yet dont waste your time.:confused:

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    got to admt i have seen better but was worth the trip to see the wise buck,and to meet all the people at the mwt booth. had a good time seeing everyone.:wink4:

3. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    how can u say dont waste ur time...getting to see other deer and tell and hear stories is priceless.

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    deerslayer.. did you go? Whatd you think?

5. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
    I had never been before. Myself, and 2 guys from work went. We all thought it was pretty good gathering. I can't compare it to the past but I will go again in the future.

The one building was quite full, where the horse barn did not have much going on. There was more than what I expected.

Made the trip to BP. I sure hope the new BP in KC is better than the columbia one.

6. frosty

frosty Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sedalia
    I was just remembering the way it was in the 10 yrs ago when there was all the newest archrey stuff there and dealer reps from several of the bow companies and you could talk to them about the new gadgets, who wants to go to a deer classic to buy a chamois or a hat.....:cheers:

7. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    im actually going tommorow...ive been stoked for acouple months

8. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Must have been two classics in Columbia today. The one I visited was pretty nice. Lots of fine people and vendors.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'm with you PV. I had a good time. If it weren't for me telling the wife I'd be home for dinner I would have stayed longer and met more of our group. I had a great time. If I had more gas money I'd go back tomorrow.

10. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I had a good time. Saw lots of cool racks, the Wise buck (not as big as I thought, very small in the head, only having one acorn must have effected more than his rack), bought a Poor Valley Slate call, it's super nice and I am annoying my dog and wife with it incessantly, it makes great sounds, but I don't know if they're right or wrong, I'm strictly amateur, my friend's son got his first buck scored - 131 and some change, nine years old and bags a bigger buck than I've probably ever seen, and the shammy guy fast talked and demontrated me into buying some shammys, what a day! Didn't spend as much time at MWT as I would have liked, but there's always next year.

Leaker

11. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    im taking 2 bucks to get scored the one i killed this year which i got greenscored at 143(8-point) and then my dads(10-point). i killed the 8-point this year so im pretty excited!

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Keep us posted on your score! Oh... and pictures! we like pictures!

Sounds like a dandy 8.. You may have posted a pic and I missed it.. :mad:

13. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    yea i did let me post it again

14. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    my 8-point i dont know how to resize so if someone would do it for me.

15. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    far left was my first good deer, middle is my 8 from this year, and closet deer is my dads 10--my dad has three deer mounted 2 10's and a 12

16. stinkpickle

stinkpickle New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I had some high school buddies from Missouri come up to the Iowa show this year, 'cause they didn't care for the Missouri show anymore. I've never been to the Missouri show, but they said it just doesn't compare. I'd hope it's not that bad...

17. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I think I was at the same show you were at Poor Valley!

Leaker, sorry I missed you bud, never saw you there! :banghead:

Parker

18. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Leaker dang Man you went right by me just a gettin it,couldn't catch up with you.And I had three Legs!!:hysterical:

oneshot
    :D Yea the Big Grin just rolls along too.