Decisions on new shotgun!

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by inkwithattitude, Oct 27, 2010.

1. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    So I have been searching the whole Charles daly issue of service and now I'm hesitant on picking it up! Should I say forget that gun and go with stoeger 2000, a used browning that needs to be camoed, or a remmy (which I really don't want)????:confused:

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    beretta extrema 2

go big or go home

3. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    SEMO
    Don't ever "settle" when buying a gun. I'd go with the browning or the stoeger, although remington is my personal preference.

4. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    New England single shot,about $80 at wal mart:D

5. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    [rquote=1866185&tid=129930&author=Rebel]beretta extrema 2

go big or go home[/rquote]My thoughts exactly! U wanna deliver! :pop: That's what I was sold on but gotta wait on that one!

6. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    [rquote=1866189&tid=129930&author=Big L]New England single shot,about $80 at wal mart:D[/rquote]Got a single shot! Need a autoloader! That's not gonna go I'n the garbage after 4 outings, cause ya can't get parts or service anymore!

7. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    [rquote=1866204&tid=129930&author=inkwithattitude][rquote=1866189&tid=129930&author=Big L]New England single shot,about $80 at wal mart:D[/rquote]Got a single shot! Need a autoloader! That's not gonna go I'n the garbage after 4 outings, cause ya can't get parts or service anymore![/rquote]

I got one in a trade,biggest POS I ever seen,had to drive the empty out.I gave it away

8. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    Id try one of the new remington versamax's if youre looking to buy a new one. or if you want a really good shotgun get a benelli super black eagle

9. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    That word filter got my post,not exactly what I said.:rof2:

10. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    [rquote=1866215&tid=129930&author=Big L]That word filter got my post,not exactly what I said.:rof2:[/rquote]Yeah caught that p o s

11. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    [rquote=1866213&tid=129930&author=dodge]Id try one of the new remington versamax's if youre looking to buy a new one. or if you want a really good shotgun get a benelli super black eagle[/rquote]He actually has one of those of his own on the shelf for $799.00, thought about it

12. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    The only reason I'd avoid the CD is lack of parts, otherwise they are pretty good. Know several guys that use them rabbit hunting. Me personally I don't like Brownings. Try out several and see what fits best.

13. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Will let everyone know here I'n a bit, headed to gun shop!

14. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i like my remmys personally but i would go w the sbe out of them choices. hard to beat a speghetti gun and a remington at speghetti gun price i won't do w the versi max

15. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    always liked a 11-87 and 11-48

16. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    As most here know I'm a Remington fan but the only Charles Daly I'd even think of owning is the old school double barrels they made way back when.

17. Why you gotta have an auto? Just curious? I sold mine and went back to the pump. Good luck with that stoeger when its super cold up there. Inertia guns tend to get real slugish in the freezing and below temps. I just decided I wanted a gun that would shoot anything I wanted to feed it, not jam cause it was a little dirty, or freezing temps outside. Bought a new 870 super mag and never looked back. Best decision I ever made.

18. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Just gotta have I guess, never liked pumps! Just personal.....found out tonight that cd has Reopened with new website and new builder, buddy said if I have any problems I can bring it back and will trade me up, even on purchase for 1 yr!