Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning hunt was slow for me, but drove around at 11:00 and deer were up and everywhere.

I wasn't planning on hunting the afternoon, but the MIL was grabbing our 3 boys and heading to the Magic House...so off I went to the woods. I went to a spot where I know a couple ML guys have 1.2 acres cut into my property I have permission to be on, so thinking ML season ended Sunday I went there and was putting my stand on a tree where they cut coles to the property lines. I hear some foot steps and look up and one of the ML guys walks up to let me know he is there so I said heck I'll move to the other side and he said he buddy was there, no worries I figured I would just head to the complete other end of my property and let them have all the area near their 1.2, yes 1.2 acres. Thing is I was sweating my butt off by the time I found a tree and climbed up dropped my tree step for the backpack and the tree was so dense I could not get my bowhanger screwed into it!!!

So, 2 small bucks pop out with a great 120 8 pt that I have passed on 8-10 times. The ML hguy said it is the last day if it's a deer it is going down. Of course the 3 bucks work40 yards past me and are headed right to the two gunners, as luck must have had it they did not present them a shot so they must have cut west when they caught their wind. I certainly didn't mind giving them the space for thier hunt but I was not rooting for them to shoot a great up and comer buck! :D

had two more slick heads within 30 yards but there was no way I was shootig them as the drag was WAY too far for a slick head!!!!!

·
Grrrrrrr
30,051 Posts
Hey 20 ML season ended Tuesday.....oh...guess ya know that now huh????:woot::D:D:D

Just messin with ya there. Hope that up and comer lasts the year out after ya passed on him so many times.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[rquote=1531640&tid=106751&author=archer66]Hey 20 ML season ended Tuesday.....oh...guess ya know that now huh????:woot::D:D:D

Just messin with ya there. Hope that up and comer lasts the year out after ya passed on him so many times. [/rquote]

I would have wnet to a different spot if I would have realize ml was still in, but the walk was too much and it was already 2:30.

That 8 pt obviously calls the area home and that should not change, other than the fact he may not be as visible next year. If he makes it!:cheers:

I was sitting there waiting to here the boom and go see him dead! But, it didn't happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.