Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted Gasconade County, long drive for a hunt until 10 am, but man what a glorious place, gobbling was what I would call very light, but heard at least 8 different birds, most far off, a couple within 400-500 yards, but property was small. Had hen fly right in, then another pass through later that morning. About 915 the closes gobble yet 250 yards are so, spied him a few minutes later, he came to the opposite creek bank a 150 yards away and gobbled and moved on, he was with a couple jakes and hens. Needed to push the issue, so grabbed the fan and circled, spied a bird and he came running into the fan to about 4 yards, jakes shooting or missing ain't my deal. Had to leave, perhaps tomorrow a gobble will take a dirt nap!

Sure is fun being out! 2 days hunting so far and I feel like (tired wise) I have been chasing them everyday for a month!

· Registered
32,993 Posts
Get rained on? I skipped today because of the rain. Will be out tomorrow, Sat and Sun if no luck. Wife leaves on a business trip next week so I'm stuck with the little which will end my hunting until the weekends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.