Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the past 2 months theres been alot of algae in my pond in about 1-5" of water by the shore. it just popped up outa no where. how do i get rid of it naturally? i dont want to put any type of chemicals in my pond. im thinkin maybe its from the fish food??? the grass carp were spawning in the shallows, but the algae has takin over and i havent seen the carp lately. you think i over fed them with fish food and the fish food that doesnt get eatin in causing the algae??? any help would be appreicated cuz im tired of seeing this in my pond.
:cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Live with it or use Sonar (fluoridone).

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Thanks Parker..

Please use it wisely if you do... u2u me and I'll help you through it. Done it bunches...

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Thanks Parker..
:cheers: Just speakin' the truth. I've tried ALL of the hard/"easy"/"natural"/back breaking other ways of doing it, and THEY DON'T WORK.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Dances... with a grain of salt, I will say this..

I have heard of the method you mention... but always remember this...

Any type of sub-aquatic decomposition of plant material, by the very nature of the reaction, uses
O2 and can deprive fish of the same.

dont fear chemicals as a solution... safely used, they are a wonderful tool.

I certainly respect everyones choice to go without chemicals and there are
options to this end...

My .02 :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
ohh maybe try that aqua shade! it will turn a mud hole into a blue lagoon!!!!! it does a fantastic job at controlling algae by shading out the sunlight...

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
On the timothy hay deal...you can indeed kill your fish if you use to much. I'd go with the chemical treatment and go by the instructions to a tee.

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Dances... with a grain of salt
I thought you were calling him danceswithagrainofsalt!! :hysterical:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by rat
I was reading this topic and said to myself, Self I said, This is about the longest topic I have read on MWT where it was all just straight talk about a serious topic. Then Self I said, where is Jmac?:D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Snowman
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by rat
I was reading this topic and said to myself, Self I said, This is about the longest topic I have read on MWT where it was all just straight talk about a serious topic. Then Self I said, where is Jmac?:D
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Its doesn't take too long for jmac to sniff one out Snowman! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
copper sulfate is a cheaper way to go but only controls filamentous algae.. it will not control water milfoil, coontail ect.

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Its doesn't take too long for jmac to sniff one out Snowman! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Come on, you've GOT to admit that was funny. And you all were thinkin it too!:rotfl:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Well.. weed scientist/biologist by training.. I am in agriculture.

I dont have to treat aquatics for my job but I have piddled with it for a few
years now.

You a chemist dances?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Not even close. Merchant Mariner by training lucky enough to have scrounged up a shore job after years at sea. Only thing I know about biology is what I've learned in various houses-of-ill-repute around the globe.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Well.. weed scientist/biologist by training.. I am in agriculture.

I dont have to treat aquatics for my job but I have piddled with it for a few
years now.

You a chemist dances?
I'm a chemist by education rat. :cheers:

Parker

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.