Dang EAST wind....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by archer66, Nov 1, 2010.

1. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I've only got two stands that will work with east wind and neither one of them really trip my trigger. One of them is in a decent spot on a farm really close to home but all I can see a major highway from it and the roar of the semis is darn near unbearable. Good thing about it is I see a lot of does from that spot and maybe there will be a buck or two dogging them. Call me crazy but it just isn't a spot I like thanks to the highway.....makes it hard to get motivated to sit there.

Tomorrow the forecast says NE wind as well....I sure hope by Wednesday it switches back west or....anything but EAST.

2. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    East wind challenges me too. For racksnbeards sake, I also hope it switches before he comes.

I found a spot yesterday that has me really itchin for any wind outta the west.

3. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    We have gear set for all winds too, but most are for the "predominant" wind directions.... ya know ones we haven't had much of this year. :mad2:
    One of the ridges we hunt, no matter the wind direction... it's a booger to hunt. I've come to name it "toilet bowl ridge" from the swirlin' winds. :wave:

4. olshep

olshep New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Antonia, Mo.
    My area is on a NE to SW ridge, east wind = no hunting:mad2:

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    well i have two stands for east but if its northeast,its gonna cut out my best one:whinging:

6. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    [rquote=1874015&tid=130529&author=olshep]My area is on a NE to SW ridge, east wind = no hunting:mad2:[/rquote]

My best farm is the same way....the road in to the place is from the east and all of my stands are approached from the east except those on the north end of the place and NONE of those stands work with an east wind because the ridges all run east west and the deer genrally travel them from the west headed east...especially in the evening.

7. olshep

olshep New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Antonia, Mo.
    [rquote=1874029&tid=130529&author=archer66][rquote=1874015&tid=130529&author=olshep]My area is on a NE to SW ridge, east wind = no hunting:mad2:[/rquote]

My best farm is the same way....the road in to the place is from the east and all of my stands are approached from the east except those on the north end of the place and NONE of those stands work with an east wind because the ridges all run east west and the deer genrally travel them from the west headed east...especially in the evening.[/rquote]

Yep, same travel direction, I feel your pain.

8. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    love the east wind, don't get it nearly enough. bummer it doesn't work for you guys...but it will surely switch before I get back out wednesday:mad2:

9. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was up at BK Leach last night and I was sitting on the ground with an east wind. I had one doe come in and catch me off guard as I was looking in a different direction. She came in pretty close, but I didn't think I could get a shot off without spooking her first.

10. bckhntr

bckhntr Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Missouri
    I also hate a east wind...don't really have any stands set for it