CZ Guns

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by ACES, Jan 30, 2006.

1. ACES

ACES Active Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Does anyone here own a CZ rifle? I've been looking around CZforums.com for information, but it is a slow moving board. Some people complained that the stocks on the 550's varied immensely. Either they looked Perfect or they looked like scrap lumber.
    Any experiences?
    Any place you recommend to get info?

-ACES

2. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I don't have any 550s, but I have seen several in shops. The complainers were right, the 550 stocks are pretty plain Turkish walnut, usually, although the American models come with good old (probably Missouri) black walnut. They do seem to be a little rough in the action, but that is just because they are new, Mauser-style actions usually smooth up with a little shooting. If I were in the market for another deer rifle, I'd still have them on my short list.
    I do have two 527s, a .204 and a .221 Fireball, and I do truly believe that the guys at Cz love those little rifles, they are generally blessed with great wood, especially the Fireballs and Hornets, for some reason. All you have to do, is post a request for guys to show you their stocks, and literally a dozen guys will be bending over backwards to show off their CZ wood. (www.saubier.com) those guys just did that this weekend, I posted pics of my new Fireball, and there were scads of other pics popping up all over my thread!:)
    Honestly, the 550 doesn't get much respect, and I don't know why, they are fine rifles, although the stock question does come up. At least they aren't coated with a bowling pin finish, like Remington or Browning. For more info on the 550s, you might ask on the forum over on 24hourcampfire.com, someone over there might be able to help.

3. pa_yote_hunter

pa_yote_hunter New Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Polk County, MO
    i always wanted to get a CZ .22lr

4. Passthru

Passthru Member

Aug 8, 2003
    www.rimfirecentral.com they have a forum dedicated to CZ's. I own a CZ as well, it is the finest .22 rimfire i have ever owne or shot.

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'm thinking about getting a CZ "Bobwhite" 20 gauge side by side with a 26 inch barrel. It seems to be a nice little bird gun. It's either that or get a Browning BSS same style for twice the money.

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Either the above CZ or the Browning BSS 20 gauge like this one