Featured CWD IN IOWA

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Stan The Man, Feb 8, 2018.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I don't have an issue. I have a copy of the regulations that have not gone into effect.

2. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    As has been stated 100s of times, the regulations arent the issue, its the regulator.

3. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    As has been stated 100s of times, the regulations arent the issue, its the regulator.

4. henry

I don't care how many times its been stated. It's been stated wrong since the whole thing starting with an injunction of new regulations because they didn't like the regulations.

20' likes this.
  5. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Some people have made up opinions. I guess thats their right wven if they are wrong...

6. henry

You are exercising that right as always.

7. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Except mine isnt opinion. Its on record with the MO courts. The regs were never challenged, the regulator was.

8. henry

9. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Fixed

10. henry

They didn't file the injunction because the Mdc had just started regulating them . Lol

11. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    I would disagree Hawk, the pen ops don't want the MDC because they are afraid they will be held to higher standards!

12. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    They are only challenging the regulator because they don't like the proposed new regulations ! The regs will cost them money since the fences and testing would help protect the wild herd

13. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    They arent wildlife, so why would they settle for being regulated by a wildlife agency??

They likely didnt file the lawsuit because there wasnt supporting case law yet.

14. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    The current ones dont need additional fencing, and they already test.

15. henry

They don't want to have to test and keep population records to verify the testing is being done. They also don't want to lose the ability to import more sick deer from where they have already been shipping them in from. They want everything voluntary with oversight that can be influenced politically so they can continue to manipulate it and avoid the public knowing how bad the disease is in the industry.

callaojoe and 20' like this.
  16. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

Big question is, do OOS landowners get more tags when in the CWD zone? We will all be in a CWD zone at some point.

17. henry

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. The extra tags can even be assigned.

18. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    They aren't wildlife, really? I'll give ya it is not fair chase hunting in an enclosure, and the animals are certainly not wild, but they are wildlife animal!

If cow, hog and domestic turkey operations had paying "hunter's", for lack of a better term, then you may be into something. But, you are just be being difficult, not surprising as you somehow think pen deer are fair chase.

callaojoe likes this.
  19. thwackaddict

thwackaddict Senior Member

Nov 1, 2007
    NW Missouri
    Actually back in the days of the hog market crash there were farmers that were letting guys come shoot their own hog for $50. They hit a low of about $18 a head and the farmers were doing whatever it took to try to get some money out of them.

This also gets into a very shady area. If I can go out and shoot and butcher a steer that is standing and looking at me 5 feet away, then why not hunt/shoot a pen raised deer?

20. henry

Shoot yes. Hunt no.

20' likes this.