Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I know absolutely nothing about MLs and am thinking about buying one to extend my chances in getting a buck since I didn't get one during regular rifle season. I'm not looking at spending a lot of money as it will probably only be used once or twice a year, however, I don't want a turd either....just something economical, durable, and will get the job done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Buy it, shoot it, clean it, and lemme know what ya think...I might be looking too!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
On second thought...heck with the muzzle loader, git yourself a bow already!!! I promise to take you to my secret spots.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bow may be in the works as well, just getting the lesser $$ of the two outta the way.

And if I get the bow, you'll definately be taking me to your secret spots. Someone has to put down one of those large bucks since you haven't yet :whistle:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I dunno about the lesser cash, I just picked up a 08 PSE Brute on Archery talk for two fiddy with a drop away rest, dloop, peep and trophy ridge site. I'll find ya one...

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Buehler?

·
17,674 Posts
I bet it gets the job done. I can help you get started. I am fairly new to it as well, but I can tell ya what I've learned. Lots of guys on here know way more than I do. But I kill deer with it so......

I personally have the Traditions Pursuit LT and love it. Im not selling it but just letting you know what I got. It is FUN!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
342 Posts
got one and its shoots good just keep it clean. and try out differnt powder loads in it . i use 100 grain pellets with powerbelt ammo

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
I have the Staghorn same Rifle.

[file]82978[/file]

[file]82979[/file]

[file]82980[/file]

Killed this Deer at 200 yards with this rifle last year.

[file]82981[/file]

Yes its a killer.

oneshot
:D Better than the Big Grins Pea Shooter.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I just bought one at Walmart yesterday.$128.
I finally got sick of borrowing from someone every year...And this is the 1st time (in my adult life)I did not fill my buck tag(or any tag as far as that goes)so I'm more dedicated this ML season.

Have not shot it yet but will tomorrow if not too nasty out.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
had one in .45 cal, son shot his first deer with it, i shot a littlun a couple years later. didnt care for the 45 cal after that and got rid of it. picked up a 50 a few days ago. waitin for the scope and rings to come in the mail then i'll go sight it in:claphands:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts