Custom gun stocks

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Hoytshooter, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Has anyone ever heard of Wenig Custom Gunstocks in Lincoln, MO? I check their website out and they make some nice looking stuff.

2. mrmurph

mrmurph Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2005
    NW Missouri
    Never heard of them. Can you post their website? I'm looking for custom stock for my .17HMR.

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    "HAVEN'T HEARD OF THEM" Where have you been? They are world renouned for high quality gun stocks custom made to fit the shooter. People take their Winchester 21's there to have a stock made to fit perfectly. Some of the 21's are worth $5,000 to $10,000 plus the cost of the stock. They have the most beautiful wood that I have ever seen. High uailty work with high quaility materials for the Gentleman Shooter. Plus they even have average gun stocks for us normal people. Check out their web site. http://www.wenig.com/

4. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    So I'm guessing that's a yes Mailman?? :D

5. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I did notice that their wood is absolutely beautiful.

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    A couple of years ago there was a show on OLN on cable here in KC that was called "Dads Old Gun" This guy had his dads old Winchester model 21 side by side that is worth thousands of dollars. He had Wenig redo the whole gun including some engraving on the receiver along with reblueing the whole gun and hand fitting a new stock to fit the new shooter exactly. It had the most beautiful stock work with hand checkering that I have ever seen. If you have ever been in Cabelas Gun Room you will see alot of their stocks on those $20,000, $30,000 and up guns. I have also thought about stopping by there to see if they have one of those laminated purty colored stocks for my Marlin .17 HMR. I re-did the factory stock and it looks much better but I'd still like to have a thumb hole stock for it. The factory berch stock looks real cheap and it is. I would even settle for a factory second or third for that matter.

7. mrmurph

mrmurph Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2005
    NW Missouri
    "HAVEN'T HEARD OF THEM" Where have you been?

Mailman, I guess you could say that I don't get out much!:cheers:

8. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I thought thread was going to be about financial advise from Hoytshooter...:hysterical:

9. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

And yes I have heard of Wenig's. They are just a stone's throw from Chairman's place. Matter of fact I have a stock done by them. Here's a pic of some of their work.

[​IMG]

Jack:cheers:

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    mercy those are purdy !
    I'm afraid those would stay in the house not go to the woods with me.

11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    They definatly do some awesome work!!
    :cheers::cheers:

And come to think of it, I remember watching that show from OLN where they refinished that old shot gun! Really neat stuff!

12. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Didn't Wenig work for Fajen back in the day? I know Bishop did, at one time, then split off to open his own shop. I presume Wenig did that when Potterfield bought out Fajen (NO one likes Potterfield, the goob that owns Midway).

13. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Stover, MO
    Wenig has some awesome stocks, but they are very , very pricey too. If you want a great stock that you can afford, check out www.richardsmicrofit.com they have a lot to choose from and won't break the bank. Boog

14. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man those are some fine peices of wood

if any one wants to have my howa fitted with a nice peice like that i will test it and let you all know how the durable there product is

15. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    They did some length of pull work on one of my deer rifles. Super nice folks and outstanding craftsmanship. While they were working on my gun, they let me tour their shop. All in all, it was a very neat experience. I think I'm taking my TC Omega there for a new laminate stock, not impressed with TC's factory composite stock.

Leaker