Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of Wenig Custom Gunstocks in Lincoln, MO? I check their website out and they make some nice looking stuff.

·
Registered
70,468 Posts
"HAVEN'T HEARD OF THEM" Where have you been? They are world renouned for high quality gun stocks custom made to fit the shooter. People take their Winchester 21's there to have a stock made to fit perfectly. Some of the 21's are worth $5,000 to $10,000 plus the cost of the stock. They have the most beautiful wood that I have ever seen. High uailty work with high quaility materials for the Gentleman Shooter. Plus they even have average gun stocks for us normal people. Check out their web site. http://www.wenig.com/

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm guessing that's a yes Mailman?? :D

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did notice that their wood is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
70,468 Posts
A couple of years ago there was a show on OLN on cable here in KC that was called "Dads Old Gun" This guy had his dads old Winchester model 21 side by side that is worth thousands of dollars. He had Wenig redo the whole gun including some engraving on the receiver along with reblueing the whole gun and hand fitting a new stock to fit the new shooter exactly. It had the most beautiful stock work with hand checkering that I have ever seen. If you have ever been in Cabelas Gun Room you will see alot of their stocks on those $20,000, $30,000 and up guns. I have also thought about stopping by there to see if they have one of those laminated purty colored stocks for my Marlin .17 HMR. I re-did the factory stock and it looks much better but I'd still like to have a thumb hole stock for it. The factory berch stock looks real cheap and it is. I would even settle for a factory second or third for that matter.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I thought thread was going to be about financial advise from Hoytshooter...:hysterical:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
bI thought thread was going to be about financial advise from Hoytshooter...:hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

And yes I have heard of Wenig's. They are just a stone's throw from Chairman's place. Matter of fact I have a stock done by them. Here's a pic of some of their work.

Jack:cheers:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
mercy those are purdy !
I'm afraid those would stay in the house not go to the woods with me.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
They definatly do some awesome work!!
:cheers::cheers:

And come to think of it, I remember watching that show from OLN where they refinished that old shot gun! Really neat stuff!

·
Registered
13,829 Posts
Didn't Wenig work for Fajen back in the day? I know Bishop did, at one time, then split off to open his own shop. I presume Wenig did that when Potterfield bought out Fajen (NO one likes Potterfield, the goob that owns Midway).

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
man those are some fine peices of wood

if any one wants to have my howa fitted with a nice peice like that i will test it and let you all know how the durable there product is

·
Registered
282 Posts
They did some length of pull work on one of my deer rifles. Super nice folks and outstanding craftsmanship. While they were working on my gun, they let me tour their shop. All in all, it was a very neat experience. I think I'm taking my TC Omega there for a new laminate stock, not impressed with TC's factory composite stock.

Leaker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.