Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any place sell smaller 3 point cultivators anymore? In searching online stores near Hannibal I dont really see any for sale? Tried facebook marketplace and didn't see any on there either. Surely somewhere sells them? Or maybe someone has one for sale

·
14,524 Posts
Northern tool and Tractor supply shows they carry them, is the another farm store in/mear Hannibal besides Orchliens/Farm and Home?

·
Land buying addiction
13,811 Posts
Lots at auctions and they sell most for scrap. Last year I watched the local scrap yard load 10-15 units just crushing them as they loaded in a big truck. It was kinda sad really.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Northern tool and Tractor supply shows they carry them, is the another farm store in/mear Hannibal besides Orchliens/Farm and Home?
Theres a tractor supply but none in stock. Only other I know is Hannibal tractor but I doubt they carry anything in a size I’d need

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots at auctions and they sell most for scrap. Last year I watched the local scrap yard load 10-15 units just crushing them as they loaded in a big truck. It was kinda sad really.
I’ll have to watch them I guess. Haven’t been to an auction in a long time

·
Hawk Hibernator
2,643 Posts
Taylor Pittsburgh Field General 3 Point C Tine Cultivator 233 CV G 1 C

(1)
Write a review
Questions & Answers

$39999
SKU

DELIVERY METHOD
  • Ship To Home
    Ships in 12 - 14 weeks

• FREE In-Store Pickup
    Please select a store to view availability.
    Select Store

Qty

ADD TO CARTSAVE FOR LATER
SKIP TO THE END OF THE IMAGES GALLERY

Taylor Pittsburgh Field General 3 Point C Tine Cultivator  233 CV G 1 C

Taylor Pittsburgh Field General 3 Point C Tine Cultivator  233 CV G 1 C

$399

·
1,639 Posts
Also might try Mordt trator in Troy. They have a lot of old equipment. Like tech said Allen auctions consignment sales are a really good place to find one.

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,777 Posts
A GOOD used one can be hard find. Most are used hard and in need of repair. Still better than buying new though.

Reactions: beardsNspurs78

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A GOOD used one can be hard find. Most are used hard and in need of repair. Still better than buying new though.
because of price?

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,777 Posts
because of price?
I’d say mostly because the prevalence of 3 point tillers. Small cultivators are a dying breed. So what is left is pretty old and probably sat out to rust for quite a while. I have seen some new manufactured 5-6’ cultivators but they often bring more money than a similar width tiller.

Reactions: Wibb

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve actually got 2 tillers. Wife’s grandma just had to have a little tractor after her husband passed and she wasn’t gonna take no for an answer. Came out of the dealer with the small tractor she wanted plus a tiller and blade. She got tired of walking around the implements so she gave em to me. Now I get to walk around them. Sure don’t need another tiller. Thought a cultivator might be good for breaking the soil open prior to tilling.

I’ve got just a little 28 horse tractor. I think it’s 28. It can’t pull a whole bunch. A 1 or 2 row cultivator might slow it down but I’d only need to go down 5-6 inches ish. Even if I had to make 2 passes with the second a few inches deeper I believe it would help in what I’m doing.

·
1,869 Posts
Three point tiller is nice. I have a 6 foot from Rural King. Even ordered it to color match.

Where are you located? I also have a 6.5 foot disc but I'd need to clean/grease the bearings. They are pretty caked up from sitting. I use it once I broadcast and it does a nice job of putting the big seeds at an ideal depth. Most comes up in nice rows once I run the disc over them

·
Mt Sterling, Mo
5,212 Posts
I have 3 of these ..Spring harrow ...Not sure if you are interested in this type,id sell cheap .....2 are ganged together and i have drug behind a atv (pull type) Separate they are 3-4 ft wide ........The other converted to 3 pt it may be double ganged to ,,,have to Plant Wood Natural landscape Bicycle handlebar Landscape
Motor vehicle Vehicle Grass Automotive tire Wheel
look at it

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Three point tiller is nice. I have a 6 foot from Rural King. Even ordered it to color match.

Where are you located? I also have a 6.5 foot disc but I'd need to clean/grease the bearings. They are pretty caked up from sitting. I use it once I broadcast and it does a nice job of putting the big seeds at an ideal depth. Most comes up in nice rows once I run the disc over them
Ive got access to a disc but I’m wanting something a tad more aggressive. Appreciate the offer

Reactions: Wibb

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have 3 of these ..Spring harrow ...Not sure if you are interested in this type,id sell cheap .....2 are ganged together and i have drug behind a atv (pull type) Separate they are 3-4 ft wide ........The other converted to 3 pt it may be double ganged to ,,,have to View attachment 231462 View attachment 231463 look at it
Sent ya a pm

Reactions: kgdog
1 - 20 of 21 Posts