cuddeback vs stealth cam

Discussion in 'Trailcams & Accessories' started by Bowkil, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    im in a debate between these 2 cameras so i got some questions.
    on the cuddeback it said it has built in memory story only 24 images. can i buy a memory card to get more pics? whats it called? and if i can get a memory card can i stick the memory card in my digital camera so i can see the pics? becuase when i set up my camera for the first time i want to make shure it will have the best position possible, so i want it to take a pic of myself then i can veiw it. and see if its in a good spot.
    is the cuddeback faster than the stealth cam? i mean for pic taking. if im gonna spend all this $$$ i want it to trigger the movement and take the pic fast.
    what about the nightvision pics? they come out looking good? or their eyes balls look like lightbulbs?
    i got good bucks on my property i seen during bow and rifle season didnt get one though, but i would like to get some pics of the brutes!
    thanks

2. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    o yeah, what batteries do they take. how long does the cuddeback last??

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
  4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I've got 2 stealthcam AD2's and they take great pictures. The only thing that I would like to ask for more out of them is a quicker trigger response. They take 8 D batteries, but they last for a long time.

I know there's quite a few folks on here that like the CUDDLEbacks. :D

Parker

5. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    If they are digital they both should have the option of adding a memory card. They are available in different sizes, but if you want a bunch of pics in between checking the camera then go with the biggest one you can afford. I can't offer an opinion about either one because I do not own either.

6. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    thats a cool website!
    i figure if im going to cough up alot of money for one might as well be a good one. thanks, im just trying to learn much info on trial cams as possible so i can make a good choice.

7. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Remember that different trail cams take different memory cards. Find out what style of card your digital camera uses and try to get a game camera that uses the same kind if that concerns you.

8. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I would have to give my vote to the cuddeback between those two and it's not even close in my book.
    The only downside on both of those unless they have changed, is that there is no viewing screen on either brand. So you'll just have to set it up and hope you have it where you want it. That's what everyone does anyway.

9. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

You've just answered your own question ~ Cuddeback is quicker, IMHO...

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Once you set your camera a time or two, you will figure out what works best for you, and won't be worried as much about the setup...The Cback uses a memory card that is about the size of a book of matches, almost an inch and a half square...not sure what kind it is. I have one 128mb, and 2-256mb cards....I have never filled them up. The Cback uses 4 Dcell batteries, and they last a long time. Of course, cold weather is harder on any camera's batteries. From what I've read and seen, the Cback has the fastest trigger time on the market. Go to Photo Gallery, myself and others have posted tons of pics....Night pics are really good also!