Ct 2016

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by Cedar Thicket, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

10-23 am. Warmer with a small breeze. Wind doesn't know which way it wants to go. Round 8 a doe and two spotted fawns feed in the clover for a bit then left. 10 minutes later the fawns come bouncing back behind me, and I hear grunting. See a deer behind them in the brush and nothing on its head so I figure it to be a spike or something, but it was the doe. I guess it was a bleet but sounded exactly like small grunts. Fawns bounced around running back and forth and in circles for a couple minutes. Just having a good ole time I suppose.

10-23 pm. Hot. 545 had a doe in the food plot. Followed by a coyote. Real white yote, stayed in the small food plot for 10-15 minutes catching and eating mice, even layed down. Never seen one for that long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cedar Thicket

10-24 am. Early had a six pointer come right under my stand and walk my short path to the field. He met two does and sniffed and bumped one around. 745 had a four pointer walk down the edge of the field and cut through a finger to the next field.

Cut some shooting lanes for the box blind mid day and headed home. Good long weekend

3. Cedar Thicket

Had some fun going through cards this time. More fights than ever on camera.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
    • 112.jpg
      112.jpg
      File size:
      73.3 KB
      Views:
    • 113.jpg
      113.jpg
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
    • 114.jpg
      114.jpg
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
    • 115.jpg
      115.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
    • 116.jpg
      116.jpg
      File size:
      70.4 KB
      Views:
    • 117.jpg
      117.jpg
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
    • 118.jpg
      118.jpg
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
    • 119.jpg
      119.jpg
      File size:
      80.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1110.jpg
      1110.jpg
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Cedar Thicket

more

Attached Files:

5. Cedar Thicket

Attached Files:

6. Cedar Thicket

last

Attached Files:

7. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    Great pics. Afraid I would have ventilated the 8 though.

8. Cedar Thicket

I was up and ready to, and thought about it. Something just made me hesitate, so hope I find a bigger one.

9. Cedar Thicket

11-6 am. Cool and calm beautiful quiet morning. Beans are still in the field. Leaves were falling. Ideal conditions for me but didn't see a thing. Brother saw 7 does.

11-6 pm. Breezy and clear skies. Pulled cards midday and found the one I want. He cruised through the food plot 4 days ago at 3:40. He was in the same plot for a bit two nights ago in the dark, hope he's still around. One doe at the top of my field late.

10. Cedar Thicket

11-7 am. Birds and crows were noisy as heck. One doe deep in the woods by the creek. 4 pointer walked by at 20 yards.

11-7 pm. Overcast and Light drizzle to start. Wind swirling a bit. Had a doe and a 5 point come down through the beans and walk by round 5.

11. Cedar Thicket

11-8 am. Started raining 2 minutes after my alarm went off. Stopped after 10 minutes and the woods was dripping. Pretty warm, over dressed. Zero deer seen.

11-8 pm. Warm and a bit breezy to start. Had a doe and a fawn in one of the bean fields in the way in. 3:15 had a funky 7 pointer sneak in on me to 20 yards down the edge of the field, If it was a shooter I'd a never got a shot.

We saw zero rutting activity in four days on our little chunk of ground. Crazy

12. Hunter75

Hunter75 Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    USA
    Great thread. Please keep the posts coming. It's interesting to hear what others are seeing out in the deer woods.

13. Cedar Thicket

Thanks. It's fun to re-read in the off season

14. Cedar Thicket

Bass in our pond don't look to healthy. Possibly need to put in more fathead minnows?[​IMG]

15. Cedar Thicket

Some pics from the last two weeks...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      75.4 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      104.1 KB
      Views:
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      105.6 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
    • 110.jpg
      110.jpg
      File size:
      47.7 KB
      Views:
  16. Cedar Thicket

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
    • 112.jpg
      112.jpg
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
    • 113.jpg
      113.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    • 114.jpg
      114.jpg
      File size:
      20.3 KB
      Views:
    • 115.jpg
      115.jpg
      File size:
      25.1 KB
      Views:
    • 116.jpg
      116.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
  17. Cedar Thicket

11-11 am. Slight breeze. Just barely enough light to see a doe in clover. 15 min later a button walked by. Both ended up in food plot at separate times smelling around in a big circle for a few minutes. Messed up and should have shot a coyote at 730, 35-40 yards facing right at me and thought he was gunna get closer.

11-11 pm. 3 o'clock had a small buck run a doe through the creek deep in the woods. Young 8 walked the same path a half hour later.

18. Cedar Thicket

Opening morning. Absolutely perfect hunting weather. Just barely enough to see had a doe and fawn cut through the bean. 730ish had a 6-pointer walk through the woods. 20 minutes later 3 does walked the fence line in the woods. 915 eating a snack and had a button walk by and come back under the stand. Another button right under the stand at 11:15.

11-12 pm. 230 had 5 big does run past my stand, no buck around. Last light had a deer cross the creek and then head north, think that was a buck. Then two does cross creek and walk by slowly.

19. Cedar Thicket

11-13 am. Cool, frosty and quiet. Turkey were loud roosting about 50 yards away. 830 saw two does. 10 4 does strolled my walking the fence line.

10-13 pm. Swirly wind. Busted some turkey near my stand going in. 445 had a doe and buck run in, he was grunting and chasing her hard in some thick stuff about 80 yards away. Saw her with her mouth open but never did see his rack. Doe walked by right before I got down

20. Cedar Thicket

11-14 am. Extremely tired, stayed up too late with the farmer, he brought over a 150 inch 8 he shot. Saw nothing

11-14 pm. Warm. Nothing happened