Ct 2015

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by Cedar Thicket, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Couple more. Not sure if this first one is the buck my brother shot or not. Had a bunch of the 2nd to last buck in the is group.

Attached Files:

• 110.jpg
      110.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      110.4 KB
      Views:
    • 112.jpg
      112.jpg
      File size:
      68.5 KB
      Views:
    • 113.jpg
      113.jpg
      File size:
      42 KB
      Views:
    • 114.jpg
      114.jpg
      File size:
      43.3 KB
      Views:
    • 115.jpg
      115.jpg
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
    • 116.jpg
      116.jpg
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
    • 117.jpg
      117.jpg
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Cedar Thicket

Man, my last weekend to hunt is really shaping up to be wonderfully wet. Don't really matter though, were going up no matter what. Maybe it'll pay off.

3. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
  4. Cedar Thicket

Thanks man

Actually just looked at years past journals. Felt like I've seen some action late before, and I wanted to see what Id seen in the journals. Maybe theres a chance if weather cooperates at least a little bit :cheers:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  5. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    You might need a boat.

6. Cedar Thicket

Hopefully they are on the correct side of the creek, or river for that matter :D

thats the problem with being so far away. You are basically at the mercy of the weather when you have free time to go.

7. Cedar Thicket

Well, weather wasn’t ideal. But I did end up getting 2 good sits in to end my season.

Got to the farm about 130 Sunday. Unpacked, started a fire in the wood burner and organized a bit. Got out and was sitting in the stand by 230. I was just stepping foot in the woods, and my brother whos 300 yards away bumped 8 does, and they trotted right by..... I was looking for antlers on each one of them. Got settled in and it was pretty windy. Around 330 caught movement about 100 yards away on the other side of the creek, kept looking, and finally hit a hole and I saw pretty decent antlers.... grunted and waited for a bit but he wasn’t having it. Had a few more does go by and a small 6 or 8 couldn’t tell at 25 yards. 13 deer total

Slept in Mon morning with the sideways winds and rain/sleet/snow mix. Got a ton of insulating done on our hunting shack. So was happy for that.

Mon eve there was snow, slush, ice covering the ground. We saw 3 deer in the bottom field on the way out, and there were already tracks everywhere in the snow. Snow slowed as the evening went and the wind just disappeared, it felt AWESOME. I really thought it was going to come together on the last evening for me. Set some cameras and hit the stand about 2:45. Had, I think, the same three does we kicked come back out by me a few hundred yards down the timberline and stand in front of me. If the weather was nicer I would have put a hole in one of them.... Had a group of 5 does cross around 4pm. Then another group of 5 cross around 430. Then a lone deer walk across at last light. 14 deer total

Heres a few I snapped on Monday night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Gotta love hunting in the snow like that. Snow hunts are some of my most memorable outings regardless if I get a shot or not. You have a great looking piece of land CT!! Best of luck closing out the season!

9. Cedar Thicket

Thanks! It was memorable for sure, not exactly comfortable. Was trying to cover up the black powder rig as much as I could with my coat.

10. Cedar Thicket

Well I got one more in me. Leaving in 15 with my cousin to hit his callaway farm. Should be a cool snowy hunt over turnups.

11. Cedar Thicket

Saw one deer. Really wide, short tined buck ran across the field and stopped about 45 yards in the woods and looked back. Not sure what spooked him. Nice night for a sit though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    you put a box on it and it will plow over. cable it to a fence
    post then drive the post in deep.

13. Cedar Thicket

:shrug: