Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
House popped up for sale...has 80 acres with it. Called our realtor, went out and looked at it and made a offer. Hopefully know something tomorow...property had other showings today and tomorrow, so we will see. About 5 acres field, 10 or 15 creek bottom and the rest hardwood ridges. Looks to be perfect hunting ground..plenty of big plots of land surrounding it.

With the market the way it is here...houses and land selling for over asking price, I'm not holding out much hope though.

·
Lunch break commander
8,293 Posts
Good luck

·
#freetheninja
2,044 Posts
Good luck! Real estate is sure going crazy. Here in Az it seems like everything is selling in a matter of a few days for over asking price, yet we just talked to a lady that took a $20k loss on her place in California. Sure hope the people fleeing these blue crap hole states leave their voting habits behind.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Depending on location if you didn’t bid over price you will prob not get it with that many showings.

Reactions: beanpile

·
Registered
21,055 Posts
Hope it went well for you Plumbob.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far so good...had a couple counters today. Nothing to do with price..just some inspection stuff I asked for. We offered the asking price, pretty much due to the house needs some work, nothing terrible, but it needs updating.

We are going to take a second look tomorrow and follow up with our offers.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,626 Posts
Best of luck!!! (y)

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
Im working with a client/ MWT members son on a purchase deal right now. He went to an auction yesterday for a dated farm house and 70 acres of pasture that brought 500,000. 30 acres adjacent that could be a building site brought almost 200k. Its insanity right now.

·
13,255 Posts
These folks will be so upside down if the market ever corrects and it will.

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,346 Posts
The place on my south border just sold this week. Sixty-eight acres and a dated 70's home with two old outbuildings for $445,000.

I really wanted to buy it................but not that bad! :unsure:

·
Land buying addiction
13,484 Posts
The place on my south border just sold this week. Sixty-eight acres and a dated 70's home with two old outbuildings for $445,000.

I really wanted to buy it................but not that bad! :unsure:
Almost 70 acres in Lincoln county and a house that needs work that doesn’t really sound to bad in this market. I think it will get back into check but who knows this may be our new reality.

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
Co worker just bought a house today 20000 over asking. It’s a house on a lot in st peters
Thats actually a decent deal right now unless the house was 100k to begin with. I have clients offering 40-50 k over asking and not getting the house. Its insane.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts