Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went down to the lake at the house this evening. And caught quite a few bluegill. She caught this one and I believe it is a cross between a redear bluegill and a black crappie. We have both in the lake and this is the first time we have caught one like this. Been fishing this lake for over 20 years. I restock the lake every 3 years with crappie and catfish and hybrid bluegills.
Mark
Fish Ray-finned fish Tail Green sunfish Fish products

· Banned
81,617 Posts
There should be several if a nest got fertilizer. I wonder how big they will get ?

· Banned
7,215 Posts
The wife and I went down to the lake at the house this evening. And caught quite a few bluegill. She caught this one and I believe it is a cross between a redear bluegill and a black crappie. We have both in the lake and this is the first time we have caught one like this. Been fishing this lake for over 20 years. I restock the lake every 3 years with crappie and catfish and hybrid bluegills.
Mark
View attachment 135373
How big is this lake?

· Registered
1,254 Posts
I think it's just a red ear as well. If you Google reader sunfish pictures about the 7th picture looks a lot like this one. Though gotta admit at a glance looks like a crappie. Fins all wrong for a crappie though.

· Quack
5,522 Posts
Shellcracker

Reactions: rcg

· Quack
5,522 Posts
Wood Food Fish Artifact Seafood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.